Information & Advice
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, all face-to-face activity has been temporarily suspended. All information and advice sessions will now take place over the phone: 01900 844670
We provide free information and advice to people aged 50+ in Copeland and Allerdale.
We provide support on a range of issues, including; benefits, heating and bills, daily living aids, social isolation and housing.
Our Information & Advice Service is delivered by trained and knowledgeable staff who can advise you on the best services and support to meet your needs.
Who We Help
This service is for anyone aged 50 and over who lives in Copeland or Allerdale.
How Much Does it Cost
This service is completely free.
How To Access Support
If you would like to access this service, or would like more information, please contact us on:
Phone: 01900 844670
We have weekly appointments available in locations across West Cumbria:
- Whitehaven: Mondays 10am-2pm
- Workington: Wednesdays 10am-2pm
- Egremont: Thursdays 9am-12pm
- Cockermouth: Fridays 1pm-3pm
We also offer free home visits for those whose health and mobility mean they find it difficult to leave the home.
What We Help With
We offer advice and assistance on a range of issues including;
- Advice on money matters
- Advice on benefits, and support to complete benefit applications
- Support completing forms for other products and services (e.g. Blue Badge Applications)
- Support with grant applications (e.g. Disabled Facilities Grants)
- Affordable warmth advice – finding the best provider/tariff and advice on effectively heating your home
- Support to access Winter Warmth Grants - £150 & £250 grants available
- Advice on daily living aids, adaptations and equipment to help you live safely and independently*
- Help making homes suitable for later life
- Support to overcome loneliness and social isolation
- Provide information on alternate housing, sheltered and residential accommodation
- Help completing forms for housing applications
We can also provide signposting advice and referrals to internal and external agencies;
- Signposting to Age UK West Cumbria services including; Foot Care, Day Activities, Veterans Project, Community Connection’s Project, Independent Living and Help at Home.
- Signposting to external services, including Adult Social Care and other relevant Health Services
- Referrals to external services, including Adult Social Care and other relevant Health Services
- Signposting to services that can help you set up Lasting Power of Attorney
- Signposting to services that provide bereavement advice