Age UK West Cumbria provides information, advice and support to help you maintain your independence and understand the world around you.
General Information and Advice
Age UK West Cumbria provide general information and advice on all aspects of later life including: consumer issues, education and leisure, employment & voluntary work, family & personal, health & disability, housing, legal, money issues, national & immigration and travel etc.
We can provide you with a range of information resources such as a list of useful contacts for personal, specialist or home services. For more information on what resources we have to offer contact the help line 08443 843 843.
Compass in Cumbria
Compass in Cumbria is a groundbreaking way of linking the Third Sector, Social Care and Health together providing a connected and holistic service for the residents of Cumbria.
Place Based Prevention
How does Place Based Prevention work?
The Place Based Prevention project uses Compass in Cumbria to provide independent information and advice for anyone in Cumbria who is aged 18 and over. Where a client could benefit from more assistance, we arrange a home visit by one of our Case Workers to provide face to face support and complete a holistic assessment of needs - with our staff supporting people to improve their health and wellbeing and maintain independence.
To access this service contact our Helpline call: 08443 843 843
Who does Place Based Prevention work with?
The Place Based Prevention programme is for anyone in Cumbria who is aged 18 and over and needs help to deal with issues they are facing and wants support to improve their quality of life. Our Case Workers can help with a very wide range of issues including:
- General well-being – helping tackle feelings of depression or loneliness; feeling worried or struggling to relax; dealing with bereavement
- Income and employment – checking people are claiming all the benefits to which they are entitled, helping with money management
- Housing – help and advice for those who are struggling to manage their home or feel unsafe
- Social isolation – for those who feel unhappy with the level of contact they have with friends and family or who need help accessing local activities
- Leaving hospital – making sure people are safe and supported in the first few weeks after they leave hospital
- Health – reducing the risk of falling at home, general health advice and help with staying fit and active
- Aids and adaptations – equipment or minor adaptation needs in the home to help with mobility / daily living
Advice on Benefits and Money Issues
Our staff can provide advice on a wide range of financial issues.
Money Information and Advice
Housing options Advice
We provide information, advice and guidance to help you make the housing choices which are right for you.
Housing Options Advice
Our Trusted Assessors can provide an assessment of your home and information on daily living aids and equipment.
Housing Support for Dementia
Age UK West Cumbria provides a range of dementia support services including the dementia-friendly environments project. Our dementia assessors will assess your home and advise you on how to make it a more dementia-friendly environment.
Tel: 08443 843 843