Supporting older veterans to love later life!
We have launched a new project working with older veterans (aged 65 or over) as part of a wider portfolio of work being undertaked by Age UK's around the country.
The project supports older veterans to maintain their independence and stay connected and included within their local community.
We are working closely with specialist veterans' agencies such as the Royal British Legion, SSAFA and other organisations to provide support, raise awareness of the issues affecting older veterans and offer volunteering opportunities.
This service offers support with:
- Information and advice regarding benefits, housing adaptations, equipment, aids to daily living, and other support
- Befriending and socialising
- Information on social and community activities in your area
- Getting into volunteering
- Linking with service friends through social media
- Support to attend commemorative and reunion events
We are looking for volunteers for the project to help with:
- Befriending, either by visiting or telephoning for a chat
- Support for veterans to join in social activities or attend commemorative or reunion events
- Running a coffee morning or social activity group
If you would be interested in volunteering apply now or for more information contact us
Joining Forces Brunch Clubs
Come along to one of our Brunch or Breakfast clubs and enjoy great food and lively conversation. Our clubs are open to all Ex-Service personnel, their family and friends.
Whitehaven Brunch Club
The Bransty Arch, Wetherspoons, Bransty Row, Whitehaven, CA28 7XE
1st Friday of each month, 10.30 - 12.30pm
Breakfast starts from £2.95
For more information contact Claire Dobson 01946 828100 or email email@example.com
Millom Brunch Club
The Bradbury Centre, St Georges Road, Millom, LA18 4JE
Veterans Breakfast Club (Run in partnership with the Royal British Legion)
1st Saturday of each month, 9.30 - 11.30pm
Cost £2.50. For more information contact The Bradbury Centre 01229 774573
Allerdale Brunch Club
Various Locations in Allerdale
Once a month, come along and meet up with other veterans like yourself, pay for your own food and enjoy brunch in good company!
If you would like to come to our next Allerdale brunch club contact Sarah Jackson 01900 844670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an older Veteran? Need some help & support?
Call our local Helpline to arrange an appointment with one of our Project Workers
This project is financed through the Aged Veterans Fund, funded by the Chancellor using LIBOR funds.
Age UK in partnership with the Ministry of Defence & SSAFA