Supporting older veterans to love later life!
We have a project working with older veterans (born before 1st January 1950) as part of a wider portfolio of work being undertaked by Age UK's around the country.
The project supports older veterans to maintain their independence and stay connected and included within their local community.
We are working closely with specialist veterans' agencies such as the Royal British Legion, SSAFA and other organisations to provide support, raise awareness of the issues affecting older veterans and offer volunteering opportunities.
This service offers support with:
- Information and advice regarding benefits, housing adaptations, equipment, aids to daily living, and other support
- Befriending and socialising
- Information on social and community activities in your area
- Getting into volunteering
- Linking with service friends through social media
- Support to attend commemorative and reunion events
We are looking for volunteers for the project to help with:
- Befriending, either by visiting or telephoning for a chat
- Support for veterans to join in social activities or attend commemorative or reunion events
- Running a coffee morning or social activity group
If you would be interested in volunteering apply now or for more information contact us
Are you an older Veteran? Need some help & support?
Call our local Helpline to arrange an appointment with one of our Project Workers
This project is financed through the Aged Veterans Fund, funded by the Chancellor using LIBOR funds.
Age UK in partnership with the Ministry of Defence & SSAFA