COVID-19: Age UK WMH Update
Published on 19 July 2021 09:00 AM
Following the updated Government Guidance regarding Coronavirus and have taken the following decisions in order to comply with the guidance and to help keep members of our community safe.
- Our collection service is now active across Worcester and Malvern Hills. Our van drivers can collect your donations COVID-19 safe, directly from your door. At this time you may submit a collection request via this online form.
- All 8 of our Charity Shops are open, in line with the next phase of the Governments roadmap. If you are visiting one of our stores, please be aware that although protective measures may be easing, we still encourage social distancing, sanitising and mask wearing where possible. This is to ensure that our staff and customers stay as safe as possible.
- Our eBay For Charity Shop continues to operate.
- Our office will remain closed to drop-in visitors and open by appointment only. Our telephone lines are open as usual for enquiries! Call us on 01905 724294 | 01684 560666.
- OurI&A services will operate via telephone, where possible. We will still carry out face to face appointments, but this will be on a case by case basis and we will encourage the use of PPE where possible.
- Alternative online or at home based group activities continue to run. With certain group activities (Dementia Meeting Centres) open as usual.
- Our face to face Befriending service has largely been replaced with a telephone support service wherever possible. On a case by case basis face to face visiting may still take place.
- We are continuing our At Home services on a case by case basis.
- We have focussed on shopping for clients and will continue to extend this service. However, if you require us to collect shopping for you, this will be chargable under our At Home scheme.
- Our Foot Care clinics will continue to operate. We still encourage PPE measures where possible.
Please contact us for any support and advice that you may need on 01905 724294 | 01684 560666. You can also send your enquiries in via our website contact form, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch via our social media channels.
We are grateful for the various offers of support that we as a local charity have received and are heartened by the various initiatives and acts of kindness that are already taking place to support people across South Worcestershire. We would encourage everyone to keep in touch with and support older friends, family and neighbours to enable us, as a charity, to focus on how we can best support some of the most vulnerable members of our communities.
These are unprecedented times and we thank you for your understanding with these changes.
Concerned about COVID-19?
We're continuing to monitor the latest information from the Government and adjusting our services accordingly. The national Age UK team has produced some helpful information on their website.
Suscribe to our e-newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know about our new services, upcoming activities and latest news. Every new subscriber will get a 10% off voucher to spend on a single purchase across our eBay store.