Befriending & Bereavement Support
- Location: Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills - Head Office's catchment area.
Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
7 Shaw Street
1.2 million older people across the UK often feel lonely or isolated at home. If you are feeling lonely, you are not alone, we are here for you.
What is Befriending?
Befriending is the act of visiting an older person, who may be lonely or isolated at home.
Befriending provides much needed companionship for isolated older people. We aim to connect people together to alleviate loneliness in Worcester & Malvern Hills and provide a crucial link to the outside world.
It is important that we provide encouragement and support for clients to participate in local activities and help them develop new relationships.
What is our Bereavement Support?
Coping with the loss of a loved one is one of the hardest things we ever have to deal with. That is why we are offering friendship and support to those who are experiencing loss, as an extension to our established Befriending Service (above).
What can you expect?
Our volunteer befrienders can provide:
• Regular face-to-face visiting
• Weekly telephone calls
• Companionship and a friendly voice
• Company to a local shop, activity, or cafe (at befrienders discretion)
Our bereavement support can provide:
• Trusted volunteers, providing a listening ear and a friendly voice
• Regular home visits and/or telephone calls
• Links to other Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills services
Become a befriender
Become a volunteer befriender of an older person and help us tackle loneliness. Complete our easy online application form today.
How can you contact us?
Please do contact us on any of the following methods.
• 01905 724294 (Worcester)
• 01684 560666 (Malvern)
• 07494762138 (Tenbury)
• Use the link below to contact us online