COVID-19: Age UK W&D Update
Published on 24 March 2020 10:25 AM
Following the updated Government Guidance regarding Coronavirus and have taken the following decisions in order to comply with the guidance and to help keep members of our community safe.
- All of our group activities will be suspended until further notice. We will be contacting all those affected to ensure that we can establish means for maintaining ongoing, regular contact in order that we can continue to provide help and support
- We will largely be suspending our face to face Befriending service and will be replacing this service with a telephone support service wherever possible
- We will continue our homeworking and some gardening services on a case by case basis. It is essential to provide support for those tasks which effect the health and safety of our clients. We will be taking extra precautions i.e. none of our workers will be in the same room as clients and in some cases will not be entering homes where work is non-essential. We will also focus on shopping for clients and extend this service as best we can – if under our homeworking service this will be charged for, if outside this service we will ask for a donation
- We will suspend our Foot Care service until further notice - clients will be contacted
- With regards to our Information and Advice service, from 23rd March we are suspending home visits and face-to-face office appointments. We are also suspending face-to-face digital support sessions. We will be focusing upon our telephone services to ensure that people continue to have access to information, advice and support throughout
- All of our retail shops are now closed until further notice - our online eBay shop will remain open for the time being
- Our office is now also closed for drop-in visitors but telephone lines will remain open for enquiries!
Please contact us for any support and advice that you may need on 01905 724294. You can also send your enquiries in via our website contact form, email us on email@example.com or get in touch via our social media channels.
This is a fast moving situation and we will continue to provide updates regarding our services in line with the latest Government Advice.
We are grateful for the various offers of support that we as a local charity have received and are heartened by the various initiatives and acts of kindness that are already taking place to support people across South Worcestershire. We would encourage everyone to keep in touch with and support older friends, family and neighbours to enable us, as a charity, to focus on how we can best support some of the most vulnerable members of our communities.
These are unprecedented times and we thank you for your understanding with these changes.
Concerned about COVID-19?
We're continuing to monitor the latest information from the Government and adjusting our services accordingly. The national Age UK team has produced some helpful information on their website.