We aim to create a culture which:
- is clearly centred on the needs and aspirations of older adults, their carers and their communities
- is constantly striving to become a centre of excellence
- welcomes feedback
- is characterised by innovation and creativity
- works as part of the whole system of health and social care
- enables service users and the general public to influence the providers of services
- values staff and volunteers
Our Mission Statement
Age UK Waltham Forest aims to Improve the quality of life for older adults in Waltham Forest by:
- Providing direct services
- Campaigning for the rights of older adults
- Participating in joint planning with statutory authorities and non-governmental organisations
Age UK Waltham Forest is an Equal Opportunity Organisation and celebrates diversity.
Our underlying principles are:
- Ageism is unacceptable - we are against all forms of unfair discrimination, and challenge unfair treatment on grounds of age.
- All people have the right to make decisions about their lives - we help older adults to discover and exercise these rights.
- People less able to help themselves should be offered support - we seek to support older adults to live their lives with dignity.
- Diversity is valued in all that we do - we recognise the diversity of older adults and their different needs, choices, cultures and values.
- It is only through working together that we can use our local, regional and national presence to the greatest effect.
Our work is also guided by a set of values:
- Enabling - we enable older adults to live independently and exercise choice
- Influential - we draw strength from the voices of older adults, and ensure that those voices are heard
- Dynamic - we are innovative and driven by results and constantly deliver for older adults.
- Caring - we are passionate about what we do and care about each individual.
- Expert - we are authoritative, trusted and quality-orientated