Bury Community Hubs
Bury Community Hubs provide support to 11,000 residents in the Borough of Bury that are defined as “clinically extremely vulnerable”. The Hubs also provide support to residents that don't have anyone else to turn to for support, including people having to self-isolate. Generally, the hubs support people with life's essentials and help them to keep safe.
To access their help:
- Phone: 0161 253 5353 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Text 07860 022876 (messages responded to by the next working day)
Unlike the first lockdown, the government will not be delivering food parcels to those who are shielding.
Online supermarket delivery slots with Asda, Iceland, Morrison’s, Ocado, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose continue to be available for people who were previously shielding.
- If you aren't already a customer - sign-up with one of the supermarkets offering the service (you can do this at their website).
- Then go to https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-shielding-support and fill in your details.
- The government will pass your details to your chosen supermarket who will then offer you priority online shopping slots.
If you are not online, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s offer a telephone ordering service to order essential food items for customers.
- Morrisons: To order, call 0345 611 6111 and select option 5.
- Sainsbury's: To order, call 0800 917 8557.
Page updated 12/11/2020