Age UK Bury offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
How to access the service
You can access our information and advice service by booking an appointment.
- Please phone: 0161 258 6739
- Alternatively, email: email@example.com
- If you are at the Jubilee Centre, please leave your details with Leisa or Diane at the reception desk.
We can see people at the Jubilee Centre or at their home.
Our information and advice officers are available Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 4pm.
Topics we cover:
Our advisers are trained to help you on the following topics.
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it's funded.
- Your income - including free benefits checks, help with applying for benefits and pension advice.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adapatations and how to prevent falls.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate.
We are grateful to the Henry Smith Trust and Bolton Multi-Agency Cancer Service for their support to our I&A Service
We are a partner in a new Bury Multi-Agency Cancer Service.
Please phone 0161 764 6609 for more details.
Our national partner, Age UK, produces free information guides and factsheets on a wide range of topics, including home adaptations, dementia, and advice for carers. You can find a complete list of guides and factsheets on the Age UK national website.