We offer a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
- welfare benefits advice for those over 50 years of age, including working out benefit entitlements and offering assistance to complete claim forms
- helping people identify the care and support they need, including help accessing Social Services and advice on how to pay for care and support
- advising on housing issues, including help with maintaining a property and advice on the different types of housing for older people who need more support or want to move nearer to family or friends
- advising on the services, support, groups, activities and concessions available locally
- advising those who are finding it hard to make ends meet or are struggling to pay their bills
- advising people how to challenge decisions about welfare benefits, social services, health services and energy providers.
How do we provide help.......?
Given the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic it has become necessary for Age UK Carlisle and Eden to make changes to the services it provides to protect all of its clients and staff.
We are pleased to announce that we will be opening up for drop in Information and Advice sessions from 28th June 2021.
Sessions will be held at 20 Spencer Street, Carlisle, CA1 1BG on the following days/times:
Mondays - 10 – 12
Tuesdays - 1 – 3
Thursdays - 10 – 12
We are able to support with queries in relation to benefits, housing options, social care and local services.
For the safety and wellbeing of all, please ensure you make use of the hand sanitiser available, wear a face covering (unless exempt) and where possible attend by yourself or with 1 other person only.
If you contact 01228 536673 outside of working hours or the phone line is busy, a message can be left and your call will be returned as soon as possible.