Age UK Carlisle and Eden provides information and advice on a range of issues relating to older people and those who care for them. In particular we specialise in:
- welfare benefits advice for those over 50 years of age, including working out benefit entitlements and offering assistance to complete claim forms
- helping people identify the care and support they need, including help accessing Social Services and advice on how to pay for care and support
- advising on housing issues, including help with maintaining a property and advice on the different types of housing for older people who need more support or want to move nearer to family or friends
- advising on the services, support, groups, activities and concessions available locally
- advising those who are finding it hard to make ends meet or are struggling to pay their bills
- helping people to make complaints or challenge decisions about welfare benefits, social services, health services and energy providers.
Our service has achieved the national Advice Quality Standard and has been assessed as meeting the benchmarks of the Age UK Information and Advice Quality Programme. This ensures we comply with recognised Advice Sector standards of practice and means our information and advice is accurate and high quality.
How do we provide help.......?
Information guides and factsheets
These cover a wide range of subjects affecting older people and those who care for and support them.
Call us on either our Carlisle or Penrith office numbers.....
01228 536673 or 01768 863618
.......from Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm. This call will be charged at a local rate.
To arrange an appointment at our office you can call or drop into our office, where your query will be understood and an appointment may be made to see an advisor. Our offices are at:
20 Spencer Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 1BG, and
Resource Centre, Sandgate, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7TP.
If it would be difficult for you to visit us, we can arrange to visit you at home for certain types of advice that can't be provided over the phone. For example, we regularly visit people to complete welfare benefit application forms.
We often have a waiting list for home visits, but will endeavour to arrange a visit as soon as possible. When we visit we will always arrange the time with you in advance, and out advisor will carry identification. If you have any concerns about someone turning up at your door who claims to be from Age UK Carlisle and Eden, please ask them to remain outside and call us on 01228 536673. We will confirm if the person works for or volunteers for Age UK Carlisle and Eden and has an appointment with you.
Alternatively, you can email us with your enquiry, and we will direct it to the most suitable advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org