Age UK Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly are looking for enthusiastic individuals, to join our welcoming Home and Hospital team in Falmouth and support us with General Office Administration, on a volunteer basis. Find out more about this role below:
This role is perfect for:
- Make new friends and engage with a friendly team
- Those with a desire to help their local community and make more connections.
- For someone who believes passionately in our mission “working to improve wellbeing in later life” and wants to make a difference in the local community.
- Individuals wanting to gain skills transferrable to employment
- Students looking to boost their educational or professional portfolios
You will be a key part in ensuring our Home and Hospital service & Falmouth Active Living Hub runs smoothly.
- Support in typing letters
- Basic computer work and tasks
- Preparing post
- Print and distribute Marketing Materials
- Support and coordinate our activity planner
- Answer phone and door
- Full training will be provided, which includes: Safeguarding, Lone Working, Data Protection, and training modules relevant to the role. Please note that an Enhanced DBS Certificate is a requirement of this role (we will guide you through these processes).
- Experience in previously supporting someone (family, friends, or for employment) is not essential but is helpful for this role. If you have a caring nature, a desire to help others regain their independence, confidence and self-worth, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- We are searching for volunteers initially on Tuesday morning. Please contact us if you want to volunteer on another day, we can be flexible to your needs.
Volunteer with us
You can apply online by clicking this link or contacting our Helpline on 01872 266383 - or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org