We are searching for Volunteers to support our Home from Hospital Service in Falmouth, Truro and Helston areas. If you are caring and enjoy helping people, this role could be perfect for you.
What is a Home and Hospital Volunteer?
A Home and Hospital Volunteer supports a person to make sure they are settled and well following discharge from the hospital. You will be providing companionship, welfare checks and talking to the person in the comfort of their own home, assessing their immediate needs. You will also ensure that they have enough food/shopping and work alongside our experienced & skilled Home and Hospital team to shape support around the person and improve their wellbeing.
If you have any concerns regarding their welfare, you will report to the Home and Hospital team.
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference in the community
- You'll be changing lives and improving wellbeing
- You get to be part of Age UK Cornwall's wellness volunteer team
- You will learn new skills
- You will make new friendships and real connections
- All your mileage expenses will be paid
- We would require the volunteer to travel independently. Full training will be provided, which includes: Safeguarding, Lone Working, Data Protection, and training modules relevant to the role. Please note that an Enhanced DBS Certificate is a requirement of this role (we will guide you through these processes).
- Experience in previously supporting someone (family, friends, or for employment) is not essential but is helpful for this role. If you have a caring nature, a desire to help others regain their independence, confidence and self-worth, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- We are searching for volunteers throughout the week (Monday-Sunday)
Find out more about Home and Hospital Service here
Apply for this role
You can apply online by clicking this link or contacting our Helpline on 01872 266383 - or via email at email@example.com