We are searching for caring, compassionate and supportive volunteers to help us at the Hope Cafe (Govenek, Newquay Community Hub). Find out more and apply below.
You will be on hand to help out with serving refreshments, snacks and light lunches. It is important that we provide a good experience for clients who attend Govenek Community Hub and Hope Cafe. It is important that you have good communication, organisation, and listening skills - above all, you must be kind, compassionate and have a 'can do' attitude.
You will be volunteering as part of a small team and, following training, will be able to provide information about our services and offer additional support.
- Socialise and make new friends
- Engage with a great team
- Help your local community and make a difference
- Volunteering to improve wellbeing in later life
- Be part of something bigger
- You can gain skills transferrable to employment
- Students will boost their educational or professional portfolios
- Health & Safety
- GDPR (data protection) and Confidentiality
- Lone Working
- Active Living Hub Manager
- Senior Active Living Assistant
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Hours are flexible to your needs. Feel free to contact Donna to find out more.
In the future, we would like to welcome clients at weekends.
If you are interested in volunteering for this role, please apply here or call Donna Smokvina, Active Living Hub Manager, on the number above.