As some restrictions remain in place, some of us may choose to stay at home. We could all start to feel isolated, bored, lonely, anxious and stressed. To combat this Age UK Hull have compiled some online resources below that we hope you will find helpful.
- Pick a jigsaw puzzle and get solving! If you join Jigidi you can save your progress, create your own puzzles and much more. It's free to join and no personal information is required.
- The Color website offers a wonderful choice of colourings, from animals and flowers to vehicles, circus and trains.
Film and TV
- The British Film Institute (BFI) has a large archive collection and includes shorts, historical, international, home video, feature films and more.
- Watching these live nature cameras is completely free, doesn’t require creating an account, and there are dozens of different animals and nature locations to choose from.
- Age UK exercise for the over 50s videos and information.
- The Rhythm and Shoes Dance Academy in Richmond have shared some fantastic armchair exercise videos with us, why not take a look and join in from home.
- The Warm-Up film guides you through a series of physical, vocal and breathing exercises to prepare both body and mind for singing. The twelve songs gradually demand greater breath control and vocal stamina, and lyrics appear on screen. The singers you see and hear all belong to singing for health groups. Many live with long term health conditions, and they use singing as part of their self-management, as well as enjoying the social benefits.
- Music in Hospitals & Care have a variety of live concerts you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home. For a full list of events look at their website below.
Age UK National have also released a couple of booklets to keep you entertained during this lockdown period.
Age UK Creative Challenge Booklet
This contains activities and challenges you can do alone or with family in your home.
Age UK Poetry Booklet
The poets in this anthology are all members of Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre’s Elders Company and are sharing their poems with you in the hope that they will inspire you to write and create your own poetry.