Our falls prevention service known as "the Balance Programme" provides information and support to older people in Trafford who have fallen or are at risk of falls. Our Co-ordinator is a fully qualified postural stability instructor.
The purpose of our service is to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions or readmission by helping reduce the occurance of falls in the older populaton of Trafford whether they live in the community or in a care home.
We will continue to develop this service over time but at present we provide:
- postural stability class on Monday 10.15am to 11.15am at Limelight, 1 St Brides Way, Old Trafford M16 9NW.
- postural stability class on Monday from 2.00pm to 3.00pm at Sunrise of Hale Barnes, 295 Hale Road, Hale WA15 8SN.
- postural stability class on Wednesday 12.15pm to1.00pm at Fiona Gardens, 29 Atkinson Road, Sale M33 6GG.
- postural stability class on Thursday 10.30am to 11.15am at Elkin Court, 42a Hardwick Road, Partington M31 4DT.
Also these classes at Age UK Trafford, 1-3 Church Road, Urmston M41 9EH:
- a maintenance class on Wednesday from 10.00am to 11.00am
- a postural stability class on Tuesday from 11.45am to12.45pm
- a healthy hips and hearts class on Tuesday 9.30am to 10.15am.
We also provide direct training to care home and home care staff.
For further information contact our Falls Prevention Co-ordinator, Tom Snape
phone: 0161 672 9642
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org