We rely on your support to help older people in Westminster. There are many ways you can donate to us.
New analysis by Age UK has found that 198,000 older people in London
can go for a month without meeting up with a friend, and that 19,000
over 65s in the region have not even had a conversation with family or
friends over the same period. Many people experience loneliness at
some point in their lives. For the majority the feeling of loneliness
passes, yet for some it can persist, undermining their well-being and
impacting negatively on their quality of life.
Moreover, though figures show internet use among older people is increasing, this group are still less likely to use the internet than their younger counterparts, with nearly four million people over 65 having never used the internet (Age UK, 2018). Since the pandemic, one of our biggest aims has been to help more older people get online in order to access services, events and communicate with loved ones.
We are asking for donations to help us run initiatives, activities and provide support to older people in Westminster to enable them to feel less lonely and to make them feel more digitally included. We are running two different campaigns to help us achieve our aims.
We need your help!
If you want to share your fundraising adventures, please tag us on social media. We'd love to share!
If you would rather support us with a regular monthly donation please click the below link.
How your donations can help us
- Provide an inclusive activity programme providing a mix of in-person and online weekly activities
- Provide face to face and telephone befriending where we match a DBS checked volunteers to isolated local residents with similar interests to develop friendships
- Provide Older People’s forums where residents can be heard and tell us what they want to see delivered in their community. Help with planning, design and delivery of activities.
- Provide volunteering opportunities specifically for people aged 60+ so they can share their skills, keep active and give back to their community. We provide a variety of opportunities catering for individuals differing needs and abilities.
- Help to recondition older Westminster residents by helping them to rebuild their confidence and improve their health and wellbeing and engage in their local community following the pandemic
- Provide personalised 1-1 support
- Provide group support in the community (iTea parties)
- Recruit and train digital inclusion volunteers
- Sustain a digital library offering a range of devices and sims/data that can be loaned for free to individuals accessing a digital inclusion learning programme
- Help us to help those who need financial support to purchase their own device/data following their digital learning
To volunteer for us, please email us on email@example.com