We rely on your support to help older people in Westminster. There are many ways you can donate to us.
The impact of Covid-19 on older people's mental and physical health has been severe. Now that the vaccination is being rolled out and the government has a step-by-step plan in place to enable people to start meeting and socialising again our older community is going to need us more than ever to support them in re-establishing social connections
Over the last 12 months many older people have been living in fear, as those with long-term health conditions were advised to stay at home to protect themselves. However, staying inside for months on end can lead to serious health problems and increased isolation and loneliness.
We need your help!
Any support you can offer matters and goes directly towards helping local residents who are over 50 in Westminster.
If you want to share your fundraising adventures, please tag us on social media. We'd love to share!
If you would rather support us with a regular monthly donation please click the below link.
What we'll do with your donations
We need your help to:
- Tackle social isolation and loneliness through rebuilding our face-to-face activity programme-Continue offering online activities for people who are housebound and/or do not wish to leave their home at present
- Reinstate more home visits but also continue to provide telephone befrienders for those who need them
- Support older adults though our Digital Inclusion project to enable them to access essential benefits, activities and information
- Plan new projects, reaching more diverse groups in the local community
- Deliver food to those who are unable to get to the shops themselves
- Rebuild older people's confidence and wellbeing to enable them to engage in their local community
- Grow our volunteer base so we can continue to deliver all of our services to those who need them
Accessing these activities and services will help clients with:
- Combating isolation and loneliness
- Increasing physical activity
- Decreasing digital exclusion and boosting confidence with technology
- Developing new skills
- Improving mental health and wellbeing
To volunteer for us, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org