Who we are
We are Age UK Wiltshire, whose main office is at 31 Market Place, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1JG.
Age UK Wiltshire is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide us with your personal information we will treat that information in accordance with this statement, our terms and conditions and current data protection legislation.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This statement may change from time to time, so please check this page periodically.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 01380 727767.
Who will see your personal data
Staff, volunteers and trustees will be able to view your data. Restrictions may be put in place to limit how much of your data they can see based on their role and their need to know.
We promise not to share your details with any other organisation unless there are immediate concerns about potential abuse or physical harm or where an indictable offence may have been committed. Then, and only then, we may share details with the relevant agencies upon the authorisation of the Chief Executive (or other senior manager) of Age UK Wiltshire.
In providing assistance through our services we may need to contact other agencies on your behalf – your authorisation will always be sought before we do this.
Occasionally, we may share your data with other organisations that we work with. These organisations can be referred to as "Data Processors". We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to share your data. You can exercise your right to prevent us doing this by telling us not to either at the time we speak to you or by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Organisations that we share with include:
Age UK National- Data processor for external audits and quality assurance. Also for Age UK funded projects that Age UK Wiltshire participates in.
Consilium Research and Consultancy- Data processor for evaluating Age UK funded projects that Age UK Wiltshire participates in.
Wavehill Social and Economic Research- Data processor for evaluating Age UK funded projects that Age UK Wiltshire participates in.
Department of Work & Pensions- Data processor of clients we refer for help with benefit claims.
HMRC- Data processor of payroll information.
E-payroll Solutions- Data processor of payroll information.
Quickbooks- Data processor of financial information of staff and volunteers.
Lloyds Bank- Data processor of financial information of staff and volunteers.
GBG- Data processors of staff and volunteers requiring DBS check.
We will never sell or rent your data to any third parties.
What information we keep and why?
We process personal data relating to clients, supporters, staff, volunteers and trustees of our organisation. This is to allow us to offer services, products and help and guidance to our clients and to be able to keep people up to date with our work and plans.
We collect personal information. This includes:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Age/ Date of birth
We may also collect sensitive personal information but only when it absolutely necessary. This includes:
- Health details
- Criminal convictions
We rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. The following are the grounds we use:
- Your consent - You have given us clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. You have the right to change your consent choices at any time.
- Necessary for the performance of a contract - The processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Compliance with a legal obligation - The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- In the legitimate Interests of Age UK Wiltshire, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Whenever we use legitimate interests to process personal information we will conduct a Legitimate Interest Assessment to establish it is appropriate to do so.
How long do we keep your information?
If you are in receipt of one or more of our services we will hold your data for six years after you cease to receive a service. At this time all paper records will be destroyed and computerised records will be anonymised. We will keep a basic record of your details in an archived database separate to our main database and restrict access of it to the Chief Executive Officer and senior management. The purpose of this database is to allow us to identify historical contact with clients in respect to legacies they may have made to Age UK.
If you are a supporter of Age UK Wiltshire we will hold information about your donations until two years after you stop supporting us or as soon as you withdraw your consent when we will anonymise your data. This means that details of your donations will be kept but your personal data will be deleted. This is for historical and statistical purposes only and it is not possible to identify an individual from this data.
You can unsubscribe from communications from us at any time by writing to us at Age UK Wiltshire, 31 Market Place, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1JG, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 01380 727767.
If you change your preferences of the way you would like to hear from us, eg you would prefer to receive an email rather than by post, you can do so by either emailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on 01380 727767.
When you give us personal and/or sensitive information we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely and with respect. Information will be held on one or both of our two databases hosted by our partner organisations, Dizions Ltd and Microsoft SharePoint. We have satisfied ourselves that their practices are compliant with this privacy statement and current data protection legislation.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed - We will inform you about how we will handle your data either at the time of contact or by referring you to our Privacy Statement.
- The right of access - You have the right to ask to see any data that Age UK Wiltshire holds about you in either paper or computerised formats. We may charge you £10 to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold. You should put your request in writing to:
Chief Executive Officer
Age UK Wiltshire
31 Market Place
We will respond to you within 30 days.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to expect the data we hold about you to be accurate and can ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase any personal data we hold about you (aka the ‘right to be forgotten’).
- The right to restrict processing - You can restrict how we use your personal data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of their data.
- The right to data portability - You can ask to receive personal data we hold in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You can also request that we transmit this data directly to another data controller.
- The right to object - You have the right to ask us to stop how we are processing your personal data. For instance you can ask us to stop sending you marketing material.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about how we are handing your personal data. You can complain by writing to:
Chief Executive Officer
Age UK Wiltshire
31 Market Place
Or you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01380 727767 and speak to one of our customer advisers who will put you in touch with a member of the senior management team who will oversee your complaint.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113.
Use of ‘cookies’ on our website
You can find out what cookies the Age UK Wiltshire website use in the table below.
|UserSetting||This functional cookie remembers the individual's colour and location preferences so that next time they use the site these are displayed rather than the sites default settings.|
|ASP.Net_SessionId||When you access this website a cookie is generated with a unique session ID. This cookie will expire when the browser is closed.|
|vidi||This cookie enables Age UK's Intellitracker software that helps us analyse information such as visitor numbers and browser usage so we can continue to improve your experience of our website.|
|BCSI-CS-5B059C53EB35D97E||The information in this cookie is used to track the activities of individuals who have visited this site via third-party websites.|
|__utma / __utmb / __utmc / __utmz||Age UK and Age UK Wiltshire use a tool called Google Analytics to give us statistical data on the performance of our website. These cookies are placed by Google Analytics.|
What happens when visitors link to another site?
Our site contains links to other websites.
This privacy statement applies only to our site, so visitors should always be aware when they are moving to another site and read the privacy statement of any site which collects personal information. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our site.
Links to external sites will open in a new browser window.
16 or under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services. Age UK Wiltshire is a registered charity (number 800912) and company limited by guarantee (number 2121174). The registered address is Cromwell House, 31 Market Place, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1JG.