Our services are continually being reviewed and adapted depending on the needs of the clients, changes within COVID-19 guidelines and the capacity of the service.
The safety and wellbeing of our clients and staff is of paramount importance and as such we are following the COVID-19 safe working government guidance at all times. Our staff are fully compliant with COVID-19 safe working guidance and use full PPE.
Service offer for dementia clients and carers living in Warwickshire
We are continuing to provide a range of dementia support services for individuals with dementia and their carers.
We are accepting new referrals. Every new referral is risk and needs assessed to ensure we are able to support the individuals' needs in the best possible way.
We have adapted our services due to COVID-19 from being building based to now include:
- One-to-one home visits in the clients' own homes
- Weekly wellbeing calls to clients and their carers
- Taking clients out for a walk ( if safe to do so) or sitting outside in the garden
- Providing a sitting service for the client, where staff will spend quality time sharing hobbies and interests with the client, whilst allowing the carer to have a break
- Community based support is being developed. This aims to bring a few individuals together outdoors. For example, to visit cafes, garden centres, share mutual interests etc.
- We are planning to re-start the building based service (Day Opportunities) offering a range of activities in small groups to ensure we comply with COVID-19 guidance.
- With a diagnosis of dementia
- Able to participate in activities and interact with fellow group members
- Living in North Warwickshire, Nuneaton & Bedworth, Rugby Boroughs, Stratford-on-Avon District, Leamington, Kenilworth and Warwick Districts
Where and when do groups meet?
Monday and Wednesday 9.00am to 3.00pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9.15am to 3.15pm
The Claremont Centre
43 Clifton Road
Nuneaton and Bedworth
Monday 9.00am to 3.00pm
Pallet Drive Club
NCF (Nuneaton Christian Fellowship Church) Church Building
Tuesday 9.00am to 3.00pm
Poets Corner Club
20 Drayton Road
Wednesday 9.00am to 3.00pm
Thursday 9.00am to 3.00pm
Attleborough Baptist Church,
Tuesday and Thursday 9.30am to 3.30pm
Henley in Arden
Wednesday and Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm
What does it cost?
£45 at Henley in Arden and Warwick. £36 at all other locations inclusive of lunch and refreshments. This reduces to £10 for those financially assisted by Warwickshire County Council.
If you would like to discuss a referral or need any further information, then please feel free to contact us:
Area: Rugby/North Warwickshire
Team Leads: Debbie Beebe and Rachael Cockerill
Contact Details: Atherstone.DayOps@ageukcovwarks.org.uk
Tel: Debbie B – 07967 315294
Tel: Rachael C – 07443 813481
Area: South Warwickshire
Team Lead: Maureen Wigington
Contact Details: email@example.com
Tel: 07780 684383
Area: Nuneaton and Bedworth
Team Lead: June Tunnicliffe
Contact Details: NandB.DayOps@ageukcovwarks.org.uk
Tel: 07881 812941
Dementia Day Service Manager:
Rajo Saira Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 07429 346247