Information and Advice is currently a telephone service
Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire offers a free and confidential information and advice service for anyone over 50, their families and carers.
If you live in Coventry and are over 18 with a physical health condition and/or dementia we can also support you
Our help can make the difference between just managing and really living life. We can often help you directly, and if not, we will put you in touch with someone who can.
(COVID-19) Food deliveries and support
(COVID-19) Food deliveries and support Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire are receiving a number of enquiries about food deliveries and support. For information about local groups providing deliveries and support, please click on find out more
How can you help me?
- You can talk to one of our trained and experienced information and advice officers.
- We also stock a wide range of free information guides and leaflets written for the benefit of older people.
- Home visits or community venue visits can sometimes be arranged.
- You can also download advice guides, information leaflets and factsheets on the Age UK website.
What can you help me with?
Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire always provides free, impartial information and advice. Here are some of the areas we can help with:
- Welfare benefits – entitlement/enquiries and filling in forms
- Housing options
- Help at home
- Care options
- Wills, power of attorney and probate
- Money matters
- Your rights to social services
Monthly Information and Advice Sessions
We now provide monthly (face to face) Information & Advice session in the following areas:-
- Leamington Spa
These are by appointment only. Please call our Information & Advice line on 02476 433983 (Mon – Fri 10am -3pm) to arrange an appointment. Please note we only offer a limited number of appointments each month
Information & Advice Contact Centre:
Monday - Friday 10am-3pm. (Outside of these hours your call will be re-directed to Age UK’s National Advice Line)
Telephone: 02476 433983