The Cancer support service pathway is funded by Macmillan Cancer Support as part of a 12 month pilot (established in September 2021) set up by the Tower Hamlets Macmillan Local Authority Partnership Programme (THMLAPP).
The service will offer person-centred, practical support to people affected by cancer, during their treatment by:
- Ensuring that the home environment is safe, clean and comfortable
- Organising practical support – e.g. personal care, household tasks, support with pets, children or other dependents
- Planning ahead for the treatment schedule
- Providing reassurance and reducing anxiety
- Signposting and referring to other holistic support services in the community, or adult social care if needed
It will support people with cancer who are:
- 18 years and over
- Residents of Tower Hamlets
- Currently undergoing surgery, chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment
- Worried about how they will cope with the immediate consequences of treatment, and may have a limited support network of family and friends.
How to contact us
For more information please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Laura Rosemund on 07495129734 or 020 89817124.