How can I get support from Age UK Islington and Islington Carers Hub?
Updated 25 October 2021
Age UK Islington supports adults of all ages (16 yrs+), including unpaid carers, in complex situations or with smaller worries, from money to transport to getting out. We provide advice and we carefully connect people to expert agencies and social groups.
Helpline: 020 7281 6018, Mon to Fri, 9 – 5pm
Guidance & practical support – you can talk to us about anything you’re struggling with. This might be if you’re feeling low, for bereavement support, or about housing or money worries.
Connections to partners – we start by listening to what you want to achieve and then we work out how you can get there. We can help connect you to specialist support through our network of partners.
Connections to emergency help – to access food and other vital supplies.
Wellbeing calls - to check-in regularly with our clients most in need
How are you delivering your Wellbeing in 1 support?
- We deliver support to adults of all ages via our Helpline on 020 7281 6018 and by phone. Face-to-face appointments can be arranged via our helpline.
- Face-to-face appointments take place at our offices in Manor Gardens, N7 and from St Lukes Community Centre, EC1 Depending on client needs, we can also arrange home visits.
- We are delivering our Get Together Social Activities and Support Groups via zoom, with a selection of face-to-face community Get Together activities and Support Groups, as well as information about other face-to-face activities that are taking place in the borough.
- Our Helpline is our first point of contact for information & guidance. Where beneficial, we'll connect you to one-to-one support from our caseworker staff by phone.
- We work closely with GP practices and integrated network teams.
How do I sign-up to your mailings?
Sign-up to our regular Age UK Islington mailings for ideas to inspire you to keep active and connected, and live events which you can take part in online. They can also keep you up to date with the latest guidance from how to save money to health issues.
Let us know you want to be added to our mailing list here: www.ageuk.org.uk/islington/about-us/contact-us/
Our mailings can help you to:
Stay active – read about exercise tips or take part in online classes suitable for all levels of mobility and fitness, delivered by leading national & local partners. There's creative workshops available too!
Keep engaged - try out new recipes, learn a new hobby, see highlights of leading museum collections, do puzzles and much more!
Keep informed – stay up to date with changes in social distancing guidelines, keep safe by learning about e.g. scams, find out about vital services and support.
- We've also a Partner Newsletter which we send out regularly.
Helpline support over Christmas
Age UK Islington Helpline
Age UK Islington's Helpline will be able to help you Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm over the Christmas/New Year period, with the exception of bank holidays.
We're open on 24 Dec / 29 / 30 / 31 and then re-opening 4 January.
Call 020 7281 6018 or email email@example.com
Mental Health Support
The Silverline Helpline - 0800 4 70 80 90
Call anytime to speak with one of their friendly advisors. Ideal if you'd just like to chat, or to discuss anything that's concerning you. For older people.
They are open every day, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.