How can I get support from Age UK Islington and Islington Carers Hub?
Updated 20th October 2020
We’d like to reassure you that Age UK Islington is here to support adults (16 yrs+) and unpaid carers through Islington Carers Hub. We’ve been working hard to put all the necessary precautions and systems in place so that we can continue to deliver our service safely – for both clients, staff and volunteers. This means that even with London moving into Covid “tier 2” high alert, we’re able to carry on providing people with our full Wellbeing in 1 support service:
Helpline: 020 7281 6018, Mon to Fri, 9 – 5pm
Guidance & practical support – you can talk to us about anything you’re struggling with. This might be if you’re feeling low, for bereavement support, or about housing or money worries.
Connections to partners – we start by listening to what you want to achieve and then we work out how you can get there. We can help connect you to specialist support through our network of partners.
Connections to emergency help– to access food and other vital supplies.
Wellbeing calls - to check-in regularly with our clients most in need
Are you delivering your full Wellbeing in 1 support?
- We’re continuing to deliver our full Wellbeing in 1 operations whilst strictly following government guidelines with procedures in place to protect clients, staff & volunteers.
- We’ve the systems in place now to be able to quickly change the way we’re able to deliver our usual operations, e.g in response to any further changes in social distancing requirements.
- Our Helpline will continue to provide you with information & guidance, and where beneficial, connect you to one-to-one support from our caseworker staff by phone.
- We are providing face-to-face working, where our support for an individual would otherwise be compromised and by appointment only.
- Our Social Prescribing Link Workers will continue to be based in GP surgeries.
- We’ve a new range of free online Get Together activities, and support to help people get online.
Please look out for further updates in the coming weeks.
How do I get information about your Activities Programme?
Our community Get Togethers are still on hold, until we’re guided by the government guidelines that it is safe to re-open them. However, we are continuing to develop the range of activities we can deliver online which we'll continue to do beyond Covid-19. We’re also piloting social distanced Get Togethers in Cally Park with other partners. See our Get Together pages for details.
We’d really like to share information about support which you can access, resources and future online activities by signing up to regular Age UK Islington mailings.
How do I sign-up to your mailings?
Sign-up to our regular Age UK Islington mailings for ideas to inspire you to keep active and connected, and live events which you can take part in online. They can also keep you up to date with the latest guidance from how to save money to health issues.
Let us know you want to be added to our mailing list here: www.ageuk.org.uk/islington/about-us/contact-us/
Our mailings can help you to:
Stay active – read about exercise tips or take part in online classes suitable for all levels of mobility and fitness, delivered by leading national & local partners. There's creative workshops available too!
Keep engaged - try out new recipes, learn a new hobby, see highlights of leading museum collections, do puzzles and much more!
Keep informed – stay up to date with changes in social distancing guidelines, keep safe by learning about e.g. scams, find out about vital services and support.
- We've also a Partner Newsletter which we send out regularly.