How to access the service
You can access our information and advice service in a number of ways.
By phone: 0113 389 3004
Monday 9.30 – 12.30 and Tuesday 2 – 4 pm (outside these times your call may transfer to the National Age UK Helpline).
Outside these times you can leave a message with our reception on 0113 389 3000. We will call you back within 5 working days.
By email: email@example.com We will respond within 5 working days.
At our office: Book an appointment (ring 0113 389 3000) or drop-in to our city centre office on a Tuesday morning.
Drop in session: Every Tuesday morning there is a drop in session for information and advice between 10am and 1pm.
Meetings will last no more than 30 minutes and if you need more support after this time a further appointment will be made. This service is ideal if you have a quick question, need support to understand a bill or other information you have been given, or make a phone call to your energy provider or another organisation. You will be seen on a first come first served basis.
Home visits: Please ring 0113 389 3000.
Our reception is open 9 am to 4pm Monday to Friday and can provide information leaflets and signposting. Contact our reception on 0113 389 3000. Our reception team can also arrange for an adviser to make you an appointment or call you back.
Topics covered are:
- Benefits and money - including free benefits checks, help with applying for benefits and pension advice.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adaptations and housing options.
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it is funded.
- Local services and support - signposting and information on what is available in the Leeds area and where to begin looking for the services that you need.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate. Free advice from a solictor is available by appointment at our office.
For more information please click here to see our Information and Advice Service Information Document