How to access the service
Our Advice team can support you by phone or email. We can now also arrange office appointments and home visits.
You can access our information and advice service in a number of ways.
By phone: 0113 389 3004 / 0113 389 3003
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm.
You can also leave a message with our reception on 0113 389 3000 / 0113 389 3010. We will call you back within 5 working days.
Telephone advice is also available from Age UK’s national helpline on 0800 678 1602, open 8 am – 7 pm, 365 days a year.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond within 5 working days.
Topics covered are:
- Benefits and money - Welfare benefits advice for those over (or approaching) state pension age. This includes benefit checks and help to complete claim forms.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adaptations and housing options.
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it is funded.
- Local services and support - signposting and information on what is available in the Leeds area and where to begin looking for the services that you need.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate. Free advice from a solicitor is available by appointment.
For more information please click here to see our Information and Advice Service Information Document
Free booklets and online information
Care & Repair Leeds, in partnership with Groundwork NEWY and Age UK Leeds, has been awarded Leeds City Council’s contract to help people live safely and independently in their own homes by addressing risks to health such as falls and lack of adequate heating. Home Plus (Leeds) will start on 1st October 2018; this new service replaces the current Warmth for Wellbeing service and the Minor Adaptations & Repairs service that some of you may have previously referred into or been a beneficiary of. These services will end on 30th September 2018.