Community Care is the term given to the help that you can get from Social Services to help you stay independent at home. This includes older people and older people as carers.

Community CareOxfordshire County Council’s Social and Community Services have to adhere to Statutory guidance and legislation when determining who receives help, what form that help takes and how much an individual has to contribute towards the help they receive.

Unsurprisingly, the relevant legislation, guidance and local implementation can be very complex, and sometimes mistakes are made.

There is different legislation and guidance for people living in care homes.

If you would like help to ensure that you get what you are entitled to or would like advice about the amount you are contributing to your care - whether you live at home or in a care home - please contact us on 0345 450 1276 and we will put you in touch with an appropriate adviser.

Further information