Follow this link for the Carers Website
Read the latest Care Matters Newsletter
We can help:
Action for Carers Oxfordshire is the lead organisation within the ‘Carers Oxfordshire project’
Working with partners Oxfordshire County Council, Rethink and Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
Our team of experts can offer advice and support to adults aged 18 and over caring for another adult in Oxfordshire.
How we can help?
- Meet one of our experts who can visit you at home or another place, to offer your personal support in looking after your needs as a carer
- Time out for Carers - offering carers a much needed break
- Regular newsletter ‘Care Matters’ full of useful information, news and articles specific to carers.
- Plan for help in a crisis including registering with the Emergency carers support service
- Help to feel more confident within your caring role, access our bespoke carers courses
- Get support by meeting other carers and sharing experiences and information
- Voices of Experience
Making a referral to Carers Oxfordshire
If you are a GP or Professional you can call our team on 01235 424 715
To access any of the free support as a carer please call 0845 050 7666 or speak to your GP or Health care profession who can refer you.
Are you supporting someone at home? Would you like some time to yourself?
If you are an unpaid carer for someone aged 18 or over, who lives in Oxfordshire and who would not need personal care during the visit, you could get Time Out.
Time out is a block of 20 hours for the carer to take a break while a volunteer supports the person receiving care. Time can be taken in chunks; as it’s need; whatever it’s needed for………..to attend a club; go shopping; go to an appointment; attend a course or just go for a walk; whatever you need time to yourself for we could give you the opportunity to say yes.
Time out is important for both the person doing the caring and the person receiving care, the opportunity to take a break can often benefit everyone.
To find out more:
Call Michelle: 01235 849 470 or email email@example.com
Voices of Experience & Carers’ Voice
Are you looking after someone who has a long term illness or impairment? Would you like to use your experience and give your views?
Your views may help influence the way in which services and support for carers are planned, delivered and improved in Oxfordshire.
Please can you let us know, what helps you in your role and what are your frustrations or difficulties?
If you would like to have a voice email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01235 424 715
The forms can be downloaded below.