Are you looking after someone or is someone looking after you?
We can help:
Action for Carers Oxfordshire is a free service offering information, advice and support to unpaid carers in Oxfordshire.
Our team of expert outreach workers offer advice and support to adults aged 18 and over caring for another adult in Oxfordshire.
How we can help?
- One to one support including help with a carers assessments
- Rethink – support for carers of people with mental illness
- Time out for Carers - offering carers a much needed break
- Quarterly newsletter ‘Care Matters’ full of useful information, news and articles specific to carers.
- Emergency carers support service – free emergency care for the person you look after in the event of you, the carer, having an accident or emergency
- Training opportunities including first aid, moving and handling and much more
- Support groups where you can meet other carers and share experiences
Making a referral to Carers Oxfordshire
If you are a GP or Professional you can call our Helpline on 01235 424 715 for information and advice at any time between 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Or to register as a carers please call 0845 050 7666
Voices of Experience & Carers’ Voice
Are you looking after someone who has a long term illness or impairment? Would you like to use your experience and give your views?
Action for Carers (linked to Age UK Oxfordshire) is gathering feedback from carers across the county and we would really like to hear from you.
Your views may help influence the way in which services and support for carers are planned, delivered and improved in Oxfordshire.
Please can you let us know, what helps you in your role and what are your frustrations or difficulties?
Trends and themes will then be identified by the Carer’s Voice Panel, which exists to discuss issues that affect carers and lobby for improved services and support.
Please send any responses to: email@example.com
Voices of Experience Manager
9, Napier Court, Barton Lane, Abingdon. OX14 3YT
Thank you for your help.
The form can be downloaded below.