We are looking for Volunteers to help at our all social clubs you may choose a club which fits best with your own commitments and circumstances
You would be working with a member of our staff. The hours would be 10.00am – 2.00pm or 1.00pm to 4.30pm depending on club.
Please note that a volunteer will not have to do all of the duties outlined below in any one session as tasks are divided up between all volunteers and staff, but a volunteer should be willing to undertake any of these tasks.
• Setting up – arranging tables and chairs as necessary, setting tables
• Ensuring any clients with mobility problems are able to access the dining area comfortably
• Welcoming clients as they arrive
• Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks
• Serving meals or handing out rolls and cakes
• Following good food-hygiene practice, including regular hand washing
• Clearing tables
• Ensuring venue is left in a clean and tidy state, and that furniture is returned to position it was found in
• Push wheelchair clients short distances
Interested in joining our team to help deliver the service and enjoy the satisfaction iof seeing the job well done and want to make a difference to older people in our community then please get in touch, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 0118 9502480 to request an application form.