Spotlight is our regular update about developments with EngAge Rotherham and the difference it is making with older people in the borough.
Spotlight February 2018 - Making A Difference
Throughout January, we held a series of volunteer information sessions to explain more about what becoming an Age UK Rotherham volunteer really involves.
Our sessions have included a chance to get to know us and learn about the different ways that we help older people in Rotherham. Attendees also heard about the roles available, what’s required in each of the roles and how they can benefit both the volunteer and older people across Rotherham and what training and support is offered to our volunteers.
We will be holding another of these volunteer information sessions on Friday 16th February at 2pm at our Galax Business Centre offices. If you’re interested in coming to this session, please call us on 01709 910 699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
EngAge team member Kathryn Wild said, ‘Our volunteer information sessions are an exciting new development on our volunteering calendar for this year. They are a great way to learn about the different ways that you can support Age UK Rotherham as a volunteer and look at the best match to your skills, interests and time commitment. They are also a great way of finding out about what you can do volunteer wise on a less regular basics such as helping out as a marshal at the Pawson Rotherham 10k run in May.’
Also in EngAge:
- Our Bevan Crescent group visited the Town Hall for a chat with the mayor, a tour and tea and cakes.
- We continued to develop our community connector sessions with Tassibee.
- Our community connectors met for a catch-up session.
- We met up with other voluntary sector organisations for the first meeting about this year’s volunteer walk and the latest kitemark panel.
- We attended the Volunteer Coordinators Forum and listened to Navco’s Jarina Choudhury talk to the group.
- We produced our Christmas event report.