Hospital Aftercare and Reablement Support Service
- Location: Salford Royal Hospital
- Price: Free
Salford Royal Hospital
The service supports people 55+ (and their carers) from the point of entry to Salford Royal Hospital, and for up to a maximum of 6 weeks after hospital discharge.
Practical Support and Advice
We can offer support and advice when you are due for discharge from hospital or shortly after discharge from Salford Royal Hospital. We regularly visit The Bevan Unit at the hospital (Intermediate Care Unit) to advise and support patients.
How we can support you?
• We can support you (and your carer) after a visit to hospital to help you remain independent
• Free support for up to six weeks
• We can visit you at home, complete a home safety check and personal assessment
• We can offer practical information and support to help you recover and discuss any help you need
• We will always treat you with dignity and respect
• Our service is available Monday - Friday
We also offer practical support for a few days, should you need it:
• A basic shop, a few light household duties, help with meal planning to help stimulate your appetite, pick up prescriptions
• Arrange and accompany you to essential appointments - hospital, doctor, dentist
• Pay a bills for you (we cannot use bank cards on your behalf, and can only pay bills if you can provide cash/cheques for us to do so)