Bobble Hat Day 2019
Published on 09 January 2019 01:48 PM
Keep your ‘noggin’ warm and help support the older residents of Wandsworth by taking part in ‘Bobble Hat Day’ on 25th January. All money raised will fund our vital services, which help prevent isolation and allow older people to stay living at home.
Why support bobble hat day?
- There are over 29,000 people aged 65 years and older living in Wandsworth
- The 65+ population is projected to grow 5 times faster than the working age population
- Over 39% of people aged 65+ in Wandsworth live alone
- Loneliness is as damaging to health as smoking 15 cigarettes per day
- 32% of people aged 65+ are registered as disabled
- 20% of people aged 65+ years can be described as income deprived
What does Age UK Wandsworth do to meet these needs?
We provide services to make sure older people in Wandsworth have the money they are entitled to, a home that is warm and safe, food in their cupboards, health and care support where it’s needed, information about any issue that concerns them and social contact on a regular basis.
How does the day work?
It’s simple! At your school or workplace you wear your favourite bobble hat for the day in return for £1 which goes directly towards the services that we operates to support older people in Wandsworth. You could even have a competition for the craziest bobble hat! If you are a school, Age UK Wandsworth can provide a workshop to raise awareness of the issues older people face and how we can work together to support them. We can also provide classroom/learning resources as part of our School's 'Age Awareness Programme' if you wish to spend some lesson time on this subject.
Not another fundraising day!! Why support Age UK Wandsworth?
Despite our logo, Age UK Wandsworth is an independent local charity, we raise our money locally and spend every penny of it supporting older people in Wandsworth.