Practical help to older people so they can feel safe in their home and live independently
Who can use the service?
The service is available to anyone aged over 60 in the borough of Wandsworth whether homeowner, private or social housing tenant.
How much does it cost?
Some of our work is completely free of charge.
Other work is charged at £30 per hour. The handyperson can purchase materials, fixtures and fittings on your behalf. This will be charged at £7.50 plus the cost of the items
What work can be done?
These are just some of the jobs our friendly, reliable, insured staff can provide. This list is intended as a guide only:
- Supply and install key safes
- Supply & Install internal grab-rails and handrails
- Changing light bulbs
- Assembling small flat-pack furniture
- Fitting draught excluders to doors, letterboxes etc
- Put up/take down curtains
- Cleaning internal windows
- Renewing sealant to showers, sinks and baths
- Installing shower rails and curtains
- Refitting or replacing toilet seats
- Re-tuning televisions
- Setting up computers/tablets
- Installation of smart doorbell camera
Please contact us to discuss any other tasks that we may be able to help you with.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT AN EMERGENCY SERVICE
Who do I contact to have work done?
If you would like to use this service please contact the Handyperson service on 020 8877 8949(direct line) or 020 8877 8940 (reception), or email the handyperson.