Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
Please be aware that due to the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve had to postpone or suspend some of our services. We apologise for any inconvenience or distress that this may be causing.
While our buildings may be closed and our resources may be stretched we are still here to help. We continue to:
- Offer a limited Emergency Responce service - essential calls such as shopping or supporting our clients where they have no one.
- Support some of our Day Opportunities service users with online activities and phone contact.
- Support Carers in the community with online activities and phone contact.
- Support Arrowe Park Hospital and its patients through our Going Home Sevice.
- Keep an eye on anyone we face concerns over, such as people who normally would attend our Lunch Club or exercise groups.
- We are also working with Wirral Council to support them meet the needs of vulnerable older people.
Age UK Wirral takes the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers very seriously and we always work hard to ensure that everyone remains safe and well. We are carefully following NHS and Government guidelines on how best to respond to the outbreak.
We offer lots of services for older people and their carers across the Wirral.
We offer an exciting range of physically, mentally and socially stimulating activities. There's something for everyone!
The Joining Forces Veterans Project is available if you have served one day or more in any of these Armed Services
Research shows that these groups are an excellent way to help people with mild to moderate dementia
Our small centre in Bromborough offers a 'home from home' feel.
We support people who are isolated and becoming frail as well as people with dementia.
Phonelink is for older people who are lonely and need a friendly chat and some company "over the phone".
We offer support groups and services to help those caring for a friend or family member.
Our centre in Birkenhead is unique on the Wirral; we offer personal care and support to younger people living with dementia.
Feeling the cold? Our Cold Weather Army can help you stay warm and healthy in the chilly weather.
This is the Information and advice Service for the Wirral, a partnership between CAB Wirral, Age UK Wirral, Wirral Change and.Wirral Mencap
We support people aged 60+ who've been diagnosed with cancer and are receiving treatment.
Worried about an older person you know?
If you're a friend, family member or carer of an older person, and you want some advice or support, Age UK Wirral may be able to help.