Our voluntary Board of Trustees lead the work of Age UK Wolverhampton.
The trustees are:-
- Di Vukmirovic Chairman
- Anne Bailey Vice Chair
- Param Toor
- Sarita Sharma
- Kate Read
- Sam Mcintosh
- Jayne Emery
The Board has overall responsibility for the work of Age UK Wolverhampton.
The role of the Board is to:
- Oversee the governance of Age UK Wolverhampton
- Establish strategy
- Oversee the achievement of the strategy
- Contribute to the leadership of Age UK Wolverhampton
The responsibilities of the Board are to:
- Ensure that Age UK Wolverhampton operates within its Memorandum and Articles of Association and all relevant charity and company legislation
- Manage, review and develop Age UK Wolverhampton’s governance and constitutional arrangements (including working to maximise the effectiveness of the Board)
- Set Age UK Wolverhampton’s strategic objectives
- Provide leadership to ensure the strategic objectives are met
- Ensure proper control and management of Age UK Wolverhampton
- Monitor the performance of the Chief Executive
- Exercise overall control over Age UK Wolverhampton’s financial affairs and protect its assets
- Make decisions and carry out its duties at all times in the best interests of Age UK Wolverhampton, in accordance with Age UK Wolverhampton’s aims and values, and report to others on Age UK Wolverhampton's progress.
REMEMBERING DOROTHY McDONALD
Sadly, we lost one of our longest serving Trustees, Dorothy McDonald, to Covid-19.
We pay tribute to her dedication and support for our organisation here - and her commitment to older people in Wolverhampton.
She spent her lifetime working as a nurse and midwife and although in her early 80's, was always full of life and joy.