Are you looking to use your skills and experience?
Volunteer for us.......
Age UK Wolverhampton is a local independent charity that has been delivering services for older people in the City for 70 years. Without the support of volunteers we simply would not be able to continue operating.
Why not share your knowledge and skills through volunteering -
We are looking for people with fundraising, finance, administration, IT, policy & procedures or quality assurance experience to help us to continue to deliver services for older people for the next 65 years!
Volunteer for one of Age UK Wolverhampton's Services
Help reduce isolation and loneliness, visit an older person. SERVICE TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
Who can volunteer?
If you have recently retired, are a student, unemployed or you just want to give something back to the local community, then taking on a volunteer role with Age UK Wolverhampton could give you the experience and the satisfaction you need.
What volunteering roles are available?
We have a variety of volunteering opportunities that can suit your interests, skills and time.To find out more about the volunteering opportunities that are available, please see the details below.
- Telephone Support - providing weekly telephone calls to older people.
- Friendship Club Leader and Support - supporting older people to socialise and take part in activities.
- Veterans Club Leader and Support - supporting older veterans to socialise and take part in activities.
- Get Connected - providing basic internet & IT computer sessions. SERVICE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
- Information & Advice and Disability Applications Volunteer - providing information and advice to older people and carers.
- Administration - supporting staff with general administration, data entry (good IT skills essential).
- Management Support - must have excellent IT skills, preferably with some experience in finance, organisational management and policy development.
- Befriending - supporting vulnerable older people to help alleviate isolation and loneliness. SERVICE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
What are the benefits to donating your time as a volunteer?
- Gain valuable experience
- The opportunity to socialise, meet new people and make new friends
- The feel good factor
- Build self-esteem and renew confidence
- Receive training and development
Volunteering is a hugely rewarding experience.
Help us to improve the lives of older people in Wolverhampton...
What our volunteers say
'I enjoy volunteering for Age UK Wolverhampton. I feel a part of a team and enjoy helping older people.'
'I am very grateful to Age UK Wolverhampton for giving me the opportunity to do something good for the community and to keep busy.'
'I enjoy my voluntary role very much. I look forward to socialising with the groups that I teach. They make me very welcome and valued.'
'This organisation thrives because of its volunteer’s dedication to care for others. It is the standard by which all public sectors work should be undertaken.'
'I think Age UK Wolverhampton is a very good place to volunteer. Staff members are good to work with. I feel it is the best voluntary job I have ever had.'
Post or Email your completed Volunteer Application to Karen Rawlings
Age UK Wolverhampton, The Workspace, All Saints Road, Wolverhampton. WV2 1EL