Dementia Meeting Centres
- Location: Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
- Price: £25.00
Fees are charged per visit. Platform housing customers, please ask about free-subsidised places at the meeting centre.
Please note, if you reside outside this Age UK’s catchment area, the price for this service is £25.00.
Living with dementia can bring many challenges, including feelings of loneliness and isolation. Meet with others at one of our 4 centres, who like you, are adapting to changes brought about by living with dementia. We welcome anyone who has a suspected or confirmed diagnosis for dementia. There is no need for a confirmed diagnosis though, everyone is welcome.
We run 4 Dementia Meeting Centres in the following locations:
• Bank House, 7 Shaw Street, Worcester, WR1 3QQ
• St Matthias' Church, Church Road, Malvern, WR14 1LX
• Chantry House, Glebe Close, St John's, Worcester, WR2 5AX
• Nora Parsons Centre, Venn Lane, Wichenford, WR6 6XY
How do I access the service?
Please do contact us on any of the following methods, to register your interest in one of our Dementia Meeting Centres.
• 01905 724294 (Worcester)
• 01684 560666 (Malvern)
• 07494762138 (Tenbury)
• Use the link below to contact us online
What happens at our Dementia Meeting Centres?
• Informative discussion groups
• Practical & emotional support
• Friendship & companionship
• Peer-to-peer support from other members
• One-to-one and group support for people with dementia & family/carers
• Professional speakers
• Singing, music, films & games
• Crafting and painting
• Gentle exercise and walks
• Visit places of interest
• Refreshments included (all attendees should bring a packed lunch also)
Worcestershire dementia community support
Living with dementia can bring many challenges, including feelings of loneliness and isolation. Our community support service is here to help you stay connected, and to help you continue doing the things you enjoy.