Worcestershire Community Dementia Support
- Location: Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
- Price: Free
Living with dementia can bring many challenges, including feelings of loneliness and isolation. Our Community Support Service is here to help you stay connected, and to help you continue doing the things you enjoy.
We understand the importance of companionship and maintaining links with the outside world, which is why (in partnership with other local organisations) we are offering our Dementia Community Support.
Our service can connect you with one of our volunteers, offering friendship and understanding, as well as providing the opportunity to carry on doing the things that you enjoy, either out in the community or at home.
How do I access the service?
• 01905 724294 (Worcester)
• 01684 560666 (Malvern)
• 07494762138 (Tenbury)
• Use the link below to contact us online
What can you expect:
• Regular visits or a telephone call for a friendly chat, to share an interest, an activity and to reminisce
• Support with attending community activities if you no longer feel confident enough to attend on you own
• Access to Online Meeting Points and informal support networks
• Links to other Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills services
• Signposting to other local and specialist support organisations (including the Dementia Wellbeing Service).
Dementia Meeting Centres
In addition to this we also run four Dementia Meeting Centres across the Worcester & Malvern Hills areas. The centres will run various activities and social programs, as well as provide extensive support for people living with dementia, their families and carers. Everyone is welcome, meet old friends or make new ones and carers and/or a family member are welcome to stay or go.
Become a dementia services volunteer
Could you help us run our daily Dementia Meeting Centres or help provide friendship/support to an older person through our Dementia Community Support?