Living with dementia can bring many challenges, including feelings of loneliness and isolation. Our Community Support Service is here to help you stay connected, and to help you continue doing the things you enjoy
What is our service?
Social contact is so important to all of our lives, but a dementia diagnosis can often be tremendously isolating experience. At Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills, we understand theimportance of companionship and maintaining links with the outside world, which is why (in partnership with other local organisations) we are offering our Dementia Community Support Service.
Our service can connect you with one of our volunteers, offering friendship and understanding, as well as providing the opportunity to carry on doing the things that you enjoy, either out in the community or at home.
What can our service offer?
- Regular visits or a telephone call for a friendly chat, to share an interest, an activity and to reminisce.
- Support with attending community activities if you no longerfeel confident enough to attend on you own.
- Access to Online Meeting Points and informal support networks.
- Links to other Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills services.
- Signposting to other local and specialist support organisations (including the Dementia Wellbeing Service).
Is there a charge?
Please note, that to support our costs this is a chargable service.
What can you expect from us?
To be respected, valued and treated as an individual. You will receive support from a Coordinator who will ensure that our service is built around your needs and who will deal with any questions or concerns. All of our volunteers are carefully selected for the role and are trained, supported and are DBS checked. Access to support, advice and information for families, carers and friends, as well as signposting to other organisations and professionals.
Local partners / organisations
This service is a joint initiative in partnership with Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest; supported by Herefordshire & Worcestershire CCG.
We are here to help you. Visit our contact us page to find all the ways you can get in touch with Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills.