Information and advice from ASC
Access to free, high quality, independent, information and advice is an important factor in enabling people to make informed choices about issues that affect them. ASC will ensure that people not only have access to information but are advised on the consequences of the different choices they make and are also given support to implement those choices and manage risk.
Ease of access will make this a timely and cost effective service; preventing situations reaching a crisis.
- Telephone Helpline 020 8686 0066 – Initially 10am-4pm Monday to Friday
- General Advice Drop in at a number of locations
- Specialist Surgeries (by appointment and/or drop in)
- Home visits, where appropriate
- Community outreach sessions including awareness raising sessions
- Email enquiries to a dedicated advice email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plus a comprehensive online “Directory of Services”
The level of support provided to clients is tailored to the individual’s needs and capability, to empower them to deal with issues; to remain independent and in control of their own lives.
Download our Advice Services postcard
View our new Diary of advice sessions
Visit the Advice Services Croydon website
The Advocacy service will empower people to:
- speak up for themselves
- secure their rights and entitlements
- make informed choices about services
- manage risk
- enable them to stay in control of their lives
Financial Advocacy and Ongoing Financial Maintenance will support people to deal with issues relating to:
- creditors and debt
- bankruptcy and court actions
- setting up and managing bank accounts
- direct debits and standing orders
- scams and doorstep crime and financial abuse.
Download our Advocacy Service postcard
Advice Services Croydon (ASC)
This service is available to all adults with care and support needs
- Information and advice
- Support services – Assessment for environmental equipment loans
ASC is a Consortium of four partners:
- Age UK Croydon (lead organisation)
- Croydon Hearing Resource Centre
- Croydon Vision
- Disability Croydon
Ways to access the ASC service:
For full details see the Advice Diary on the ASC website www.adviceservicescroydon.org.uk
"News for You" Newsletters
June 2017 Edition
September 2017 Edition
Trading Standards Newsletter - 2017/18
Information Network Bulletin - Edition 1. Click here to read the latest edition.
Our debt advice clinics with Centre 70 have been cancelled. We will no longer be holding any advice clinics on debt. We will still be able to make referrals to Centre 70 or The South West London Law Centre, so please still contact us.