At Age UK Devon, we understand that as we get older some household tasks can be a challenge. Older people have told us that companionship, conversation and pursuing hobbies are important to their quality of life.
Our Enabling and Home Support Service aims to meet these needs to enable you to make the most of later life and stay independent in your own homes. We will endeavour to match you to an Enabler/Home Support Assistant who shares your interests or outlook, so that you find it easier to get along. Whenever possible, you will be visited by the same assistant, to build trust and provide reassurance.
Our dedicated Enablers & Home Support Assistants offer:
- Cleaning and housework
- Shopping (escorted and non-escorted)
- Planning and preparation of light meals
- Support with attending appointments
- Organising household paperwork
- Time off for carers
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from our service, contact us to discuss your needs. New clients will be visited for an initial assessment, during which a personalised support plan will be developed with you. If your situation changes, we can adjust your plan to meet the needs at that time. We aim to be as flexible as possible.
- Our staff are carefully selected, thoroughly vetted and trained.
- We are covered by comprehensive liability insurance.
- We can offer time limited packages, e.g. whilst family are away
- The Enablimng and Home Support Service operates between 9 am - 4 pm, Mondays to Fridays.
For more information on our Enabling and Home Support Service, including our charges, call us on 0333 241 2340 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Find out more about joining our team.
For professional referrals, please complete the form below and email it to email@example.com