At Age UK Devon, we understand that as we get older some household tasks can be a challenge. Older people have told us that companionship, conversation and pursuing hobbies are important to their quality of life.
Our Enabling and Home Support Service aims to meet these needs to enable you to make the most of later life and stay independent in your own home. We will endeavour to match you to a Support Assistant who shares your interests or outlook, so that you find it easier to get along. Whenever possible, you will be visited by the same person, to build trust and provide reassurance.
Our regular weekly service includes:
- Cleaning and housework
- Shopping (escorted and non-escorted)
- Planning and preparation of light meals
- Support with attending appointments
- Organising household paperwork
- Time off for carers
We also deliver time limited services:
- Decluttering when thinking of downsizing your home, moving into residential accommodation, or needing help to clear out things that are no longer needed or used.
- Holiday Support is for those whose family normally support them in various ways, but who will need extra support and a safe presence when family go on holiday.
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from our regular or time limited services, contact us to discuss your needs. New clients will be visited for an initial assessment, during which a personalised support plan will be developed with you. If your situation changes, we can adjust your plan accordingly. We aim to be as flexible as possible.
- Our staff are carefully selected, undergo a DBS check and a range of training including dementia awareness training.
- We are covered by comprehensive liability insurance.
- Our service operates between 9 am - 4 pm, Mondays to Fridays.
For more information on our Enabling and Home Support Service and Packages, including our charges, call us on 0333 241 2340 or email us on email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
For more information about joining our team visit our Work for us webpage.
For professional referrals, please complete the form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always trying to improve what we do, so we welcome your feedback at any time. To find out how you can provide us with your suggestions, click this link to our Comments, Compliments and Complaints page. We look forward to hearing from you.