Age UK Manchester’s Advice Service offers free information, advice and support to people aged 60 or over in the Manchester area on a wide range of issues.
We also welcome enquiries from carers, family members or friends of older people who may need some support.
Working from our City Centre offices, our friendly, professional and fully trained Advice Team are able to offer support which is tailored to the needs of local older people. We ensure that all older people contacting our services are offered a holistic assessment which looks to identify any help which they may need with their benefit entitlement, looking after their home or adapting their home to meet their needs. All advice offered is free and confidential.
Examples of issues which we can help with include:
- Checking your benefit entitlement
- Helping with benefit claims
- Challenging adverse benefit decisions
- Accessing social care services
- Identifying your housing options
- Dealing with debt or utility bills
This is by no means a list of everything we cover. If you think we could help, if you have a question that you have been trying to find an answer to or if you need any advice on other issues please contact us.
We offer advice and information by telephone, letter, email or face to face at the following venue (Fridays, by appointment only):
Age UK Manchester Charity Shop
10 The Birtles
Wythenshawe, M22 5RL
Call our advice team on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday on:
Tel: 0161 833 3944
For those people who are unable to come to us, we do offer a home visiting service. If you are a professional working with an older person who you think would benefit from our help, then you can download the referral form, and email it to our advice team.
Advice email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please select File > Download as or Print, if you would like to complete the document before sending it to us. If you have a Google account, selecting File > Make a copy would allow you to edit the document before downloading or printing the document. Requesting to edit Google documents will be ignored.