Current vacancies at Age UK Manchester
Home Care (updated)
Age UK Manchester recruits dedicated, committed Home Carers to work in all areas of Manchester.
Successful applicants will care for older people in their own homes as part of a care plan intended to help the clients achieve maximum independence.
We are also looking for Home Care workers to work 35 hours per week in various locations.
For further information and an application form please click on the link below.
Applicants should hold a formal qualification in care or demonstrate a willingness to undertake training to at least NVQ Level II in Care.
Crossacres - Covering Northenden & Wythenshawe
For further information for working in South Manchester - Covering Northenden & Wythenshawe, please contact Debbie Meek on telephone no. 0161 637 8898
For further information for working in North, Central and East Manchester please contact Pam Bryan or Lisa Westwell on telephone no. 0161 914 9623
Openshaw Resource Centre
Senior Home carer
Age UK Manchester is recruiting a Senior Home Carer based at our Day Centre in Openshaw. The position covers the North, East and Central areas of Manchester.
Applicants should have at least an NVQ Level 2 in Care and experience of working with older people. The successful applicant will be required to support and supervise new staff. You will need to have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. A clean, full driver's licence is essential for this position.
|Hours:||20 hours to be worked as a Senior Home Carer paid at £8.22 per hour: 15 hours to be worked as Home Carer, paid at £7.50 per hour with enhanced payments for weekend, nights and bank holidays.|
Please email CV or complete the application form and send to Pam Bryan, firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information telephone 0161 205 3851
Due to the nature of the work an Enhanced DBS Certificate will be required.
Age UK Manchester - Striving for Equality
Support worker required at Crossacres Day Centre
You will be a motivated and dynamic individual with a commitment to providing a high quality service for older adults. You must have an understanding of the needs of older people
Preference will be given to candidates that can also demonstrate some or all of the following skills and experience. Have a clean full driving licence with a D1 and, a willingness to drive Age UK Manchester’s transport when required.
A basic understanding of mental health needs/issues. A formal education qualification in care (for an appropriately experienced person, the opportunity will be given to obtain National Vocational Qualification Level 2 in care).
For further information contact Michelle McKinney on 0161 437 0717 or send a CV to email@example.com
Due to the nature of the work an Enhanced DBS Certificate will be required
Closing date: 09 March 2018
Full time Care Assistant required at Age UK Manchester’s residential care home in West Didsbury
|Salary:||£7.50 per hour basic rate to £15.00 enhanced rates.|
Holmfield Residential Care, 2-4 Darley Avenue, West Didsbury, Manchester M20 2XF
09 March 2018
Age UK Manchester is recruiting for a full time Care Assistant at their Residential Care Home to join their committed, dedicated team in West Didsbury, Manchester.
Ideally you should have a formal educational qualification in care. (For an appropriately experienced person, the opportunity will be given to obtain National Vocational Qualification Level 2 in Care).
- A basic understanding of mental and physical health issues affecting older people.
- Experience of providing care and support to older people in a residential or community setting.
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for older people who are resident at Holmfield
Due to the nature of the business an Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Age UK Manchester - Striving for Equality
Senior Support Worker required at Gorton Day Centre
|Location:||Gorton Day Centre|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours from 08:30 – 16:30 (excluding lunch) 5 days per week|
|Salary:||£15,713 after probation period £16,259|
|Closing Date:||Friday, 09 March 2018 at 12.00 noon|
You will be a motivated and dynamic individual with a commitment to providing a high quality service for older adults.
You must have an understanding of the needs of older people
The successful applicant will be: reliable, trustworthy, friendly, caring and have a good sense of humour.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable, older people.
- A formal qualification in care - NVQ Level 2
- A proven track record of working under pressure and supervising a team.
- Have a clean full driving licence - D1 category on driving licence desirable
- A willingness to drive Age UK Manchester’s transport (minibus) when required.
- A basic understanding of Health and Safety Regulations
For further information and an application pack please call in person to Gorton Day Centre, Melland Centre, Mount Road, Manchester M18 7QU.
Due to the nature of the job and where it is situated the successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check
AGE UK MANCHESTER - Striving for Equality
Assistant Chief Executive (new post)
This is an additional post for an experienced professional with the business skills to help manage and grow existing day care, home care & residential care services plus our advice, counselling & ageing well activity, all to increase the mental & physical wellbeing of Manchester’s older residents.
Closing date: 26th February 2018
|Job Title:||Assistant Chief Executive (additional post)|
|Job Location:||20 St. Ann’s Square, Manchester|
|Reporting to:||The Chief Executive and the Board of Trustees|
|Responsible jointly with the existing Assistant Chief Executive for|
Care and support policy and standards
|Hours of Work:||
35 per week normally Monday-Friday 9 am–5 pm
£37,200 per annum
PURPOSE OF JOB (as set out in the draft contract of employment and as from time to time)
- As a member of the Executive Team, and under the guidance of the charity’s Trustees, to promote the Charity’s registered objectives, that is ”the relief of the elderly in and around the City of Manchester”.
- As required, to lead the charity’s teams responsible for the management and development of Age UK Manchester’s day care, home care, residential care, advice, counselling, supporting people, and ageing well services including the preparation and monitoring of relevant business plans, and co-ordinating them with other aspects of the organisation’s work.
- To contribute to the generation of funds to facilitate the work of the charity through cash donations, bequests, grants, charged-for services and trading in donated goods.
- To help formulate and represent the charity’s policies and practices, with commissioners and other agencies, working wherever practicable with other charities with shared interests, in particular Age UK and the other members of the Age England Association.
- Within all aspects, to ensure that the Code of Conduct, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and other policies set out in the Employee Handbook are adhered to.
- Care, Supporting People and Ageing Well activity
- To run the care and support activities of Age UK Manchester in a way that reflects the values of the organisation
- To manage, support, supervise and motivate the employees and volunteers for whom the Assistant Chief Executive is responsible so that they achieve the objectives of the Board of Trustees and the Senior Management Team.
- To help formulate a development action plan for all care, supporting people and ageing well activities and, once agreed, lead its implementation and ensure its effects are evaluated and assessed.
- To ensure compliance with the financial regulations of the organisation in so far as they concern the activities for which the post holder is responsible, including the provision of the information necessary for the production of timely and accurate cost centred management accounts, cash-flow statements, and analyses of operational trends.
- To ensure the proper handling of cash and other valuables in accordance with the procedures laid down by Age UK Manchester and the completion of the necessary returns for the care, supporting people and ageing well services.
- To ensure that clear and concise information is available to both actual and potential clients of Age UK Manchester’s care and support services, and that regular information is obtained about the levels of satisfaction.
- Senior Management Team
- To work with the other members of the senior management team in the vigorous pursuit of the objectives of the charity, and of its charitable and trading subsidiaries, in accordance with the policies and targets laid down by the Board of Trustees.
- To provide regular reports to the Senior Management Team, with sufficient information to help ensure it is able to meet its obligations and legal responsibilities, attending and participating in meetings when required.
- With regard to care and support activities, to stay informed of current and future legislation and of current best practice inside and outside the Age UK partnership and to co-ordinate the advice given to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team concerning any appropriate amendments to policies and procedures relating to care and support or other management matters.
- To support the Chief Executive and the Senior Management Team in the management of the day centre buildings and any other premises and other physical assets used for care and support activity.
- To be a registered counter-signatory for the purposes of the Disclosure and Barring Service processes.
- Business Planning and Promoting Effectiveness
- To assist in the development of sensible business plans for achieving the objectives of care and support activities within the organisation.
- To support the Chief Executive and the Senior Management Team in developing the personnel review and appraisal systems for all workers.
- To liaise with professional advisors as needed, and to liaise with other Age UK partners and other organisations, and to attend meetings as agreed with the Chief Executive.
- To give talks and make presentations on the work of Age UK Manchester as required.
- Other Duties
- Such other duties as may be required that are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
Downloadable copy of Job Description Download
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have the following primary requirements:
- Honesty and integrity and a commitment to the mission of Age UK Manchester including to its equal opportunities policies.
- An understanding of the lives of older people and their care, including mental health aspects.
- Ability to communicate simply and effectively, both orally and in writing, with people from a wide range of backgrounds, to understand the needs (often unspoken) of frail, older people and their carers, and to respond to those needs with sensitivity.
- A level of computer literacy and numeracy sufficient to actively participate in the developing use of information technology for financial control and business planning purposes.
- Ability to work under pressure both as a team member and as the leader of a team, with self-confidence, self-awareness and a sense of humour, and to provide a cheerful positive environment within which the objectives of the organisation can be promoted.
- Experience in a senior managerial position.
- Ability to take responsibility for one’s own personal development, and to assist others in meeting their training and development needs.
Preference will be given to candidates that can also demonstrate some or all of the following skills and experience:
- A formal educational qualification appropriate to managing a care business and support services for older people especially those who are frail.
- Knowledge and experience of the Health and Safety regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of employment and contract law and community care related legislation.
- A healthy personal lifestyle and attitude, able to set a good example to others. (All other things being equal, non-smokers will be given preference.)
- A current full driving licence
Downloadable copy of Person Specification Download