Age UK Mid Mersey is a local independent charity. It's a fantastic place to work if you really want to make a difference in older people's lives.
Please complete our Employee Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form when applying for any position with us. You will find both PDF and Word versions of these documents below.
Fundraising and Marketing Officer
Hours per week: 20 hours per week
Salary: £21,000pa for full-time (pro-rata for part-time)
About the role
Age UK Mid Mersey offers a pivotal wellbeing service for adults aged 50+ across the Mid Mersey region. As an independent local charity, we rely heavily on donations, grants, legacies and fundraising. This role provides an exciting opportunity to co-ordinate Age UK Mid Mersey’s day-to-day fundraising and marketing functions, increasing income generation and working with Charity Services Leads to increase service user capacity and paid-for services.
We're looking for a creative, forward thinking individual with a keen interest in all things marketing; from design to digital, promotion to PR. Experience of working with website CMS and social media would be a distinct advantage.
Marketing & Communications:
- Build the Charity's brand and identity, raising awareness of its services and successes
- Update and maintain the Charity's website, ensuring all content is accurate, up-to-date and compelling.
- Increase the Charity's social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and other social media, to retain and increase engagement with our target audience.
- Design and produce marketing and promotional materials in-house.
- Plan and organise marketing campaigns to increase overall footfall and occupancy
- Increase donations, legacies and fundraising through innovative, cost effective promotions
- Devise and co-ordinate fundraising events throughout the year.
- Seek corporate sponsors.
- Work with Senior Leadership Team to identify potential grants and contribute to writing of bids to grant-making trusts and foundations for grants towards capital projects, staff costs, sponsorship fund and to help with covering our core costs.
- Build the profile of AUKMM and promote key events through local and regional media.
- Build up a 'Membership of Supporters' to encourage longterm and repeat giving.
Ready to apply?
To find out more or register your interest in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 27th August 2021
Note: we reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time once we have received an optimum number of applications for this recruitment round.
Please note, you'll need to complete the Employee Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form documents if you are applying for any of our vacancies. These are available below in both PDF and Word format:
Dowloadable Word versions:
Please send your completed application to: email@example.com or by post to: HR Department, Age UK Mid Mersey, 44 Church St, Runcorn, WA7 1LR