Covid 19 - Suspension of Activities and Events.
Because of the Corona virus pandemic and the lockdown regulations, we have had to suspend for the time being our normal social activities for older people. In the meantime we hope that you will keep visiting our website and watch for new developments on our News page or visit our Spring into Action, Keep fit in Lockdown and Social Events in Lockdown pages.
We are cautiously moving forward to look at the re-opening of all our regular activities, starting with our Yoga class at Forest Hall, and following with more Exercise groups. We really appreciate your patience and understanding with these matters. This is a difficult and challenging time for us all, however we remain optimistic with regard to our groups starting again.
If you would like to discuss any of these issues, please call 0191 2808484 and the customer services team can pass your call to the relevant member of staff, or alternatively you can email our Active Age Coordinator at email@example.com.
Whether you are an individual or part of a small group wanting to extend your social network, we aim to put people first and help them love their later life. There is no need to feel lonely or isolated. We have a willing group of volunteers or befrienders who can help you.
Some of the activities we run:
- Day centres with organised activities
- Weekly activities
- Monthly get-togethers
- Small friendly groups who are always looking for new members
- Energetic activities for those who are fitter or want to improve their fitness
- Occasional day trips to local tourist attractions
If you have any questions in relation to any of our groups and activities, or have any ideas for new groups please contact our Community Services Team who will be happy to help.
0191 287 7012
Wideopen Friendship Group
Come together for a chat over a cuppa, listen to talks; enjoy optional outings. New members are always welcome to this friendly social group.
Meets fortnightly on Thursdays at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, Wideopen, NE13 6JJ, from 10.30 am – 12.00 pm. No charge for the session. Coffee/Tea can be purchased from the library.
Coffee...chat...newspapers...try out new activities...trips out.
- Wallsend at Cedar Grove Wellbeing Centre, Cedar Grove, NE28 6PR. Meets fortnightly on Fridays from 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm. Cost: £2.00
- Wideopen at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, Wideopen NE13 6JJ. Meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month from 10.00 AM to 12.00 PM. Cost: £2.00
Love Later Life Goes Green - All tools, equipment & a cuppa provided!
The allotment is lying fallow at the moment, but will be open for business again soon as the weather improves?
- North Shields at Age UK North Tyneside Allotment, access via Eustace Avenue, North Shields, NE29 7AQ. Tuesdays 10am-12.30pm. No charge. Please contact Kay Bradshaw: 0191 2808480 For more information.