Whether you are an individual or part of a small group wanting to extend your social network, we aim to put people first and help them love their later life. There is no need to feel lonely or isolated. We have a willing group of volunteers or befrienders who can help you.
Some of the activities we run:
- Day centres with organised activities
- Weekly activities
- Monthly get-togethers
- Small friendly groups who are always looking for new members
- Energetic activities for those who are fitter or want to improve their fitness
- Occasional day trips to local tourist attractions
If you have any questions in relation to any of our groups and activities, or have any ideas for new groups please contact our Community Services Team who will be happy to help.
0191 287 7012
Come along, buy a cuppa and have a chat
Whitley Bay at Rendezvous Cafe, Duke's Walk, NE26 1TP on Tuesdays 2:00PM onwards.
Women's Friendship / Social Group
Take part in various leisure activities e.g. playing cards and outings throughout the year. New members are always welcome to this social group.
North Shields at St Peter's Church Hall, Central Avenue, NE29 7JA on Thursdays from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
Social groups in North Tyneside for the over 50's LGBT community.
- The Transgender group Whitley Bay Meets 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Cost: £2.00
- LGBT Group Whitley Bay meets Monthly. Time and location varies - please call for more information
Meals Out with Friends
We support two groups that meet every week in different parts of the borough. All are run by very capable, friendly volunteers who are waiting to welcome you We try to ensure that the cost of each outing is no more than £10. Please see the programme for further details.
Coffee...chat...newspapers...try out new activities...trips out.
- Wallsend at Cedar Grove Wellbeing Centre, Cedar Grove, NE28 6PR. Meets fortnightly on Fridays from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Cost: £2.00
- Wideopen at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, Wideopen NE13 6JJ. Meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month from 10.00 AM to 12.00 AM. Cost: £2.00