Whether you are an individual or part of a small group wanting to extend your social network, we aim to put people first and help them love their later life. There is no need to feel lonely or isolated. We have a willing group of volunteers or befrienders who can help you.
Some of the activities we run:
- Day centres with organised activities
- Weekly activities
- Monthly get-togethers
- Small friendly groups who are always looking for new members
- Energetic activities for those who are fitter or want to improve their fitness
- Occasional day trips to local tourist attractions
If you have any questions in relation to any of our groups and activities, or have any ideas for new groups please contact our Community Services Team who will be happy to help.
0191 287 7012
Would you like to get out and about in your local area but sometimes struggle to find someone to attend with?
Join us on Jarretts Shared Table to meet new people and find out what's on near you.
North Shields at Age UK North Tyneside's Jarretts Coffee House ,13 Saville Street West, NE29 6QP every other Wednesday 10:30am-11:30am - 19th June, 3rd, 17th and 31st July ...
Come along, buy a cuppa and have a chat
Whitley Bay at Rendezvous Cafe, Duke's Walk, NE26 1TP on Tuesdays 2:00PM onwards.
Women's Friendship / Social Group
Take part in various leisure activities e.g. playing cards and outings throughout the year. New members are always welcome to this social group.
North Shields at St Peter's Church Hall, Central Avenue, NE29 7JA on Thursdays from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
Social groups in North Tyneside for the over 50's LGBT community.
- The Transgender group Whitley Bay Meets 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Cost: £2.00
- LGBT Group Whitley Bay meets Monthly. Time and location varies - please call for more information
Meals Out with Friends
We support two groups, the Lunch Bunch and the Evening Eaters, which meet every week in different parts of the borough. All are run by very capable, friendly volunteers who are waiting to welcome you We try to ensure that the cost of each outing is no more than £10. Please call 0191 2877012 to place a booking from the list or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details please see the downloadable programme from the link below.
Lunch Bunch 2019
Wednesday 10th July - Boundary Mill - Shiremoor
Wednesday 7th August - My Shanghai
Wednesday 11th September - Border Terrier - Marden Estate
Wednesday 9th October - Gibraltar Rock
Wednesday 13th November - The Cottage Kitchen - Whitley Bay
Wednesday 11th December - Boundary Mill - Shiremoor (Places limited to 20 (if demand, may be increased))
Evening Eaters 2019
Thursday 4th July - The Astley Arms - Seaton Sluice
Thursday 1st August - The Melton Constable - Seaton Sluice
Thursday 5th September - Davanti's - Whitley Lodge (W2 Bus)
Thursday 3rd October - The Kings Arms - Seaton Sluice
Thursday 7th November - The Cannon Inn - Earsdon
Thursday 5th December - The Melton Constable - Seaton Sluice
Coffee...chat...newspapers...try out new activities...trips out.
- Wallsend at Cedar Grove Wellbeing Centre, Cedar Grove, NE28 6PR. Meets fortnightly on Fridays from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Cost: £2.00
- Wideopen at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, Wideopen NE13 6JJ. Meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month from 10.00 AM to 12.00 AM. Cost: £2.00
NEW - Garden Pottering
Love Later Life Goes Green - All tools, equipment & a cuppa provided!
- North Shields at Age UK North Tyneside Allotment, access via Eustace Avenue, North Shields, NE29 7AQ. Tuesdays 10am-12.30pm. No charge. Please contact Kay Bradshaw: 0191 2808480 For more information.