Covid 19 - Suspension of Activities and Events.
Because of the Corona virus pandemic and the lockdown regulations, we have had to suspend for the time being our normal social activities for older people. In the meantime we hope that you will keep visiting our website and watch for new developments on our News page or visit our Autumn Zoom Activities, Keep fit in Lockdown and Social Events in Lockdown pages.
Walking Group - After discussions with the walk group volunteers it has been decided, due to various factors, that the walk group will resume in March 2022 with one walk a month of between 4-5 miles. The walk programme will be released in late January/early February with further information on where you can pick up your copy to come nearer the time.
We really appreciate your patience and understanding with these matters. This is a difficult and challenging time for us all, however we remain optimistic with regard to our groups starting again.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any of these issues, please call either 0191 2877012, 0191 2877027 or alternatively you can email our Community Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are an individual or part of a small group wanting to extend your social network, we aim to put people first and help them love their later life. There is no need to feel lonely or isolated. We have a willing group of volunteers or befrienders who can help you.
Some of the activities we run:
- Day centres with organised activities
- Weekly activities
- Monthly get-togethers
- Small friendly groups who are always looking for new members
- Energetic activities for those who are fitter or want to improve their fitness
- Occasional day trips to local tourist attractions
If you have any questions in relation to any of our groups and activities, or have any ideas for new groups please contact our Community Services Team who will be happy to help.
0191 287 7012
Come along, buy a cuppa and have a chat
Whitley Bay at Rendezvous Cafe, Duke's Walk, NE26 1TP on Tuesdays 2:00PM onwards. - Currently suspended.
Wideopen Friendship Group
Come together for a chat over a cuppa, listen to talks; enjoy optional outings. New members are always welcome to this friendly social group.
Meets fortnightly on Thursdays at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, Wideopen, NE13 6JJ, from 10.30 am – 12.00 pm. No charge for the session. Coffee/Tea can be purchased from the library. - Currently suspended
Coffee...chat...newspapers...try out new activities...trips out.
- Wallsend at Cedar Grove Wellbeing Centre, Cedar Grove, NE28 6PR. Meets fortnightly on Fridays from 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm. Cost: £2.00 - Currently suspended
- Wideopen at 1 Canterbury Way, Wideopen, NE13 6JQ from 10am to 11:30am. Cost £2.60 per session.. Meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month from 10.00 AM to 12.00 PM. Cost: £2.60. Restarting soon. Please book your places at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/172601003247 Bookings open Monday 20th September at 9:30am