We're a local charity working in the community to support older people, their families and carers. We want everyone to be able to love later life.
WHO WE ARE
The Age UK North Tyneside Group was established in 1972 as a registered charity, became a Company Limited by Guarantee in 1987 and is a Brand Partner of the Age UK national Charity (i.e. a Brand Partner is a number of independent Charities which share the same name, values and standards).
The Group is governed by a Board of Trustees and managed by the Group Chief Executive who is supported by a Group Deputy Chief Executive, four Heads of Service (Head of Corporate Support & Data Protection, Head of Professional Care Services, Head of Finance and Head of Community Services) and an Executive Assistant. The operational structure includes a strong Finance Team, specialist Human Resource support, a Training Department, Health, Social Care & Wellbeing Teams, a Community Service Team, a Customer Services and Marketing Team and an Information & Advice Team.
The organisation has grown to become the largest local voluntary organisation in the borough, with a turnover of circa. £5.5m, 250+ staff and 135+ volunteers providing a wide range of services in response to the local situation and needs of older people in North Tyneside which include:
- Care at Home Service (Regulated activity)
- Domestic & Shopping Service
- Wellbeing Services including a Dementia Specialist Centre
- Enabling & Befriending Service
- Hospital Discharge Service
- Information & Advice Service
- Community Services and Activities
- Integrated Care Services
- Dementia Services
- Volunteering opportunities
- Campaigning and influencing work
- Financial Products and Services
A World where everyone enjoys later life
To help people make more of life
- Everyone can love later life
- Everyone has a decent standard of living
- Everyone can enjoy the healthiest possible life
- Everyone can access high quality health and social care services
- Everyone feels comfortable, safe and secure at home
- Everyone feels valued by their local community with opportunities to join in, volunteer, learn and work
- Everyone can have their voice heard and can influence decisions that affect their lives
- Aim 1 - As experts in older peoples’ issues: Provide accessible information, advice and guidance
- Aim 2 - As a quality service provider: Expand the range and reach of professional care and support services
- Aim 3 - As an established and respected local organisation: Engage more older people in preventative activities
- Aim 4 - As a campaigning and influencing organisation: Work to make North Tyneside a more age friendly place to live
- Aim 5 - As a local employer: Be recognised as an Employer of Choice
- Aim 6 - As an Age UK Brand Partner: Commit to the Age UK Shared Strategy and developing effective partnerships with a range of organisations to achieve our ambitions
Where you can find us
Our main office is based at the Bradbury Centre in North Shields and we also have a charity shop in North Shields.
How we are funded
We rely on your support to keep serving the community. We are supported by donations from the public, income from our charity shops, and some charitable grants.