We host a variety of weekly activities and monthly group gatherings for you to take part in. You can choose what’s right for you and join in, whether you want to stretch your muscles or your mind, we've got something for everyone.
Healthy exercise for all abilities
- Active For Life: Wallsend at Allen Memorial Church Hall, Park Road, Wallsend, NE28 6QY on Fridays from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Cost: £2.50
- Seated Exercise Class : North Shields at The Linskill Centre, Linskilll terrace, NE30 2AY on Tuesdays. Please call for further information.
- Seated Exercise Class: Wallsend at Battle Hill Multi Use Centre, North Bray Close, NE28 9RJ on Mondays from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Cost: £1 (Currently full - Please call prior to attending to check if available spaces)
- Gentle circuits: West Moor at West Moor Community Centre, Benton Lane, NE12 7NP on Tuesdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £2.50
- Gentle Exercise:
- Whitley Bay at St Paul’s Church Hall, Whitley Road on Thursdays from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Cost: £2.50
- Wallsend at Wallsend Customer First Centre on Fridays from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Cost £2.50
- Walking Football:
- The Lakeside Centre, Killingworth 2:00pm - 3.00pm every Monday.
- Foxhunters, North Shields 7:00pm to 8:00pm every Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Hadrian Leisure Centre, Wallsend 6:30 pm to 8:00pm every Thursday.
All the above walking football sessions are free. Just turn up and play.
- Walking Football Skills – a slower paced skills and drills session with a short match at the end
- The Parks, Howdon Road, North Shields, NE29 6TL Friday 2-3pm
Gentle exercise to strengthen muscles, improve circulation & posture, relax mind & body
- Longbenton at Oxford Centre, West Farm Avenue, NE12 8LT on Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. (school term times only). Cost: £4.00.
- North Shields at Christ Church Parish Centre, Preston Rd, North Shields NE29 0LW on Wednesdays from 12:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Cost: £3.00
- Wallsend at Wallsend Customer First Centre, The Forum on Mondays from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Cost: £3.00
- Whitley Bay at Foxhunters Pavillion, Rake Lane, North Shields, NE29 9QA on Mondays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £2.00
- Wideopen at St John’s Church Hall, Canterbury Way, Woodlands Park, Wideopen, NE13 6JQ on Mondays from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM. (school term times only). Cost: £5.00
- Willington Quay at St Paul’s Centre, George Street, NE28 6SL on Wednesdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. (school term times only). Cost: £4.00
Ten Pin Bowling
Everyone welcome, from never-played-before to experienced player.
We play every Thursday commencing 12.00 - 2.00pm (School Holidays 11.00am - 1.00pm)at Star Bowling, Royal Quays, North Shields (School Holidays 11.00am - 1.00pm), but w.e.f. 25/02/2019 the venue went into administration,and the group is currently at an alternative venue in Cramlington until the outcome is known. Cost £4.00 for two games, including a cup of tea.
New and experienced players welcome,but please check before visiting as the group is popular and near capacity.
Yoga and Relaxation
Exercise to relax mind & body
Forest Hall at Springfield Community Centre, NE12 9AG on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. Cost: £2.50
Get fit in time to music
Wallsend at Wallsend Customer First Centre, The Forum on Fridays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £3.00
Maybe you want to take part in physical activity, but don't feel up to it? Our Active Age Service could give you the support and advice you need.
- If you have been physically active in the past
- Would like to get active again and might need support, advice or motivation to get going
- Are less active now because you have had changes in your life that make getting going again difficult
There are more details on our Active Age Service page or