We may be stuck in the house much of the time due to lockdown and unable to participate in our normal social activities, but that's no reason to give them up completely. Thanks to the internet you can participate in local events using your smart phone or a computer. Most of the events use apps like Zoom or Facetime but they are very easy to use with a little practice and the organisers are very keen to help. Just click on the links below for more details of each event and keep visitng this page we'll be adding more as they get started.
Yes you can write - Starting Monday 10th May 2021 12noon–2pm
Learn about different types of writing, play creative games and learn how to find your voice. This is a FREE 10 week course presented by Meadow Well Connected. Spaces are limited as the course will be held in the Meadow Well centre so get in touch to book by calling 0191 341 0033 or email Cheryl@meadowwellconnected.org.uk
Beginners Crochet - Starting Wednesday 28th April 2021 10am to 12 noon for 5 weeks. Charge £20 including materials. This an in-venue event (not virtual), at the Linskill Centre, North Shields, NE30 4AY. Booking is essential because of limited space. Hosted by Community Development at Battle Hill and Linskill but open to all. For more info and to sign up please email email@example.com
Armchair Gardening - monthly talks Tuesdays at 12:30 February to May
By expert gardener Howard Leslie – covering a suggested jobs list for your flowers and vegetables! The perfect opportunity to ask your gardening questions. Free event hosted by Community Development at Battle Hill and Linskill but open to all. More info and sign up via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/138788890307
The Online Age of Creativity Festival . A web site to celebrate, profile and market the hundreds of creative opportunities that already exist for older people but on-line.
Virtual ten pin bowling tournament. Join a friendly virtual ten-pin bowling club, founded in March 2020 in the Covid-19 lockdown.
Virtual social and fitness activities
More on Coronavirus
- Gov.UK - NE England: local restrictions. What you can and can't do
- NHS 111 online - Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
- Get support as an extremely vulnerable person
- Citizens Advice - Coronavirus - what it means for you
- Age UK North Tyneside Information and Advice
- Covid 19 - How to help safely (Gov.UK)
- Covid 19 Myth busters (World Health Organisation)
- Covid 19- Information for the bereaved from UK Government
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do
- Wellbeing and mental health during Covid-19