Many of us may be stuck in the house much of the time even though lockdown has currently ended. If you are unable to participate in your normal social activities, or aren't yet ready for face-to-face activities while infection rates are still high, that's no reason to give them up completely. Thanks to the internet you can participate in local events using your smart phone or a computer. Most of the events use apps like Zoom or Facetime but they are very easy to use with a little practice and the organisers are very keen to help. Just click on the links below for more details of each event and keep visitng this page we'll be adding more as they get started.
Our Autumn Zoom Activities - Keep Fit at home, Healthy Habits, interesting talks by expert local speakers and more, all in the comfort of your own home.
The Online Age of Creativity Festival . A web site to celebrate, profile and market the hundreds of creative opportunities that already exist for older people but on-line.
Virtual ten pin bowling tournament. Join a friendly virtual ten-pin bowling club, founded in March 2020 in the Covid-19 lockdown.
Virtual social and fitness activities
More on Coronavirus
- Age UK National's Covid 19 information pages
- Gov.UK - NE England: local restrictions. What you can and can't do
- NHS 111 online - Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
- Get support as an extremely vulnerable person
- Citizens Advice - Coronavirus - what it means for you
- Age UK North Tyneside Information and Advice
- Covid 19 - How to help safely (Gov.UK)
- Covid 19 Myth busters (World Health Organisation)
- Covid 19- Information for the bereaved from UK Government
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do
- Wellbeing and mental health during Covid-19
- Tyne Health's Long Covid resource hub