If you are self-isolating due to COVID-19 and have no support in place from family, friends or neighbours we'd like to try and help.
We can support with the following:
- Telephone befriending (a friendly chat twice each week)
- Information, Advice & Guidance from our trained team
- NEW - Carer support group
- NEW - Bereavement support virtual group
- NEW - Transition to care virtual group Has the person you care for recently gone into residential care? Join other carers online to share experiences and support. Please ring for details.
- Local contractors. We have a database of local handymen, plumbers etc. who are working during the pandemic.
- Essential shopping. Our volunteers will collect and deliver your shopping to you.
- Emergency hot food
For more information:
Covid 19 - Our current opening times are Mondays to Fridays 8:45 am to 4:30 pm.
Although we have closed our main Bradbury Centre and our social and exercise groups, all of our others services such as Customer Services, Information and Advice, Befriending, Admiral Nurses and Dementia Services are still operating.
More on Coronavirus
- NHS 111 online - Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
- Get support as an extremely vulnerable person
- Citizens Advice - Coronavirus - what it means for you
- Age UK North Tyneside Information and Advice
- Covid 19 - How to help safely (Gov.UK)
- Covid 19 Myth busters (World Health Organisation)
- Covid 19- Information for the bereaved from UK Government
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do
- Wellbeing and mental health during Covid-19