Welcome to Healthy Habits
A project designed around you and your wellbeing goals.
Taking a peer- to –peer approach, this programme allows you to address health related topics and achieve goals relevant to you within a supportive environment. Alongside the peer group sessions you will also have the opportunity to work one on one with our Coordinator to focus more specifically on your own individual goals and aspirations.
Here's a quote from Susan, a happy participant in the 2020 sessions:
“One-to-one and group support with Healthy Habits has helped me make positive changes to my diet, health and exercise as I get older and I’m looking forward to social interaction in group settings when circumstances allow.” Read more about Susan's experience
And here's one from Leon, another happy participant: "Being involved in Healthy Habits with Tom's positive attitude gives me something to look forward to every week." Read more about Leon's experience
As the programme is run over a 12 month period you have the opportunity to build new relationships within your group, which you could then continue beyond Healthy Habits.
The programme will involve:
- Workshops and support groups
- Guest speakers
- Peer to peer and one to one support
- Social activities
- Goal setting, monitoring and reflection
- Support accessing both online and offline services
Whether the changes you hope to make are large or small, we can help.
If this sounds like the programme for you, please call 0191 280 8484 or email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to COVID-19, our Healthy Habits programme is currently run virtually. We will return to face to face sessions as soon as it is safe to do so.
Our Healthy Habits team:
Choose from our Healthy Habits poster and/or Public Health England's Active at Home booklet (full of exercises and tips to help you keep healthy in lockdown)
Healthy Habits related links
Other Web sites
- Alcohol - Not the Answer
- Join the movement with Sport England
- Real food for life - Cucumbers
- Are you eating enough?
- Exercise hormone may help protect against Alzheimers
- Quick and easy meals for older adults
- Total body strength workout for seniors
- Living well in older years (gov.uk)
- Add more decades to your life (NHS)
- How to get great sleep for seniors
- Free Vitamin D supplements
- Reverse Engineering Longevity - How to live longer in good health
- Daily Mail Online - Eating a Mediterranean diet will help you stay mentally sharp later in life