The Dignity in Care Awards 2018 - Nominations open 3rd September 2018
Published on 24 August 2018 11:30 AM
Do you know someone who is giving outstanding care in your community?
"Carers are often hidden in our communities, leaving them feeling unvalued, isolated and lonely. On your way to work this morning, how many carers did you see? 1 out of 8 of us is a carer. The Dignity in Care Awards allows us to see and celebrate these unseen heroes in our communities."- Kay Francis, Head of Action for Carers Oxfordshire
The Dignity in Care Awards has been running in its present form since 2012 and is led by Age UK Oxfordshire and Action for Carers.
The awards were set up to recognise and celebrate local individuals, care services and organisations who have gone the extra mile in delivering real dignity in care for people in Oxfordshire. 'Dignity in Care' means many things to different people. For Age UK Oxfordshire, 'Dignity in Care' means seeing and supporting the person, the whole individual behind the symptoms and care needs and valuing them as an individual.
There are seven award categories:
How to make your nomination
There are three ways you can make a nomination:
1. Pick up one of our nomination forms and send your completed nomination form and supporting statement to Dignity in Care Awards, Age UK Oxfordshire, 9 Napier Court, Barton Lane, Abingdon, OX14 3YT.
2. Make a nomination via email by downloading a nomination form below and sending it alongside your supporting statatement to email@example.com
3. Nominate online by completing the below form
What happens next?
Nominations close on Monday 15th October 2018. After this date, our panel of judges, with a background and interest in care, will review the nominations.
Award winners will be notified and invited to the awards ceremony which takes place on Friday 30th November at The King's Centre, Oxford. If you have not been notified by the second week of November, please accept this as notice that your nominaton has not been taken forward on this occasion.
Rules of Entry
- All submissions must include the nominee's details, a supporting satatement of up to 300 words outlining why you think your nominee should win an award, your details and the details of a person who supports your nomination.
- Please only submit a maximum of 300 words for your supporting statement.
- The awards are open to all people aged 18+, places, agencies and initiatives in Oxfordshire.
- All entries are treated confidentially.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of reputable, independent and impartial adjudicators.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Entries can be made by post, email or online.
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date on the 15th October 2018.
- An independent third party reference is required to support your nomination and supporting statement. This independent person cannot be a colleague in the same organisation.
For more information about the Dignity in Care Awards 2018, please get in touch:
Call us on 07827 235 405
Or download a nomination form
Please save and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively print and post to DC Awards, Age UK Oxfordshire, 9 Napier Court, Barton Lane, Abingdon, OX14 3YT. Please ensure you send a supporting statement on a separate page!