Nominations Open: The Oxfordshire Care Awards 2020 - Inspiration for All!
Published on 09 December 2019 09:00 AM
Nominations are now open for the all-new Oxfordshire Care Awards 2020 – Inspiration for All!
The purpose of the Awards is to recognise and celebrate individuals, organisations, and companies who have demonstrated excellence within the care sector in Oxfordshire.
The organisations involved are Action for Carers Oxfordshire, Age UK Oxfordshire and Oxfordshire Association of Care Providers (OACP). Working together in partnership is at the heart of this new Awards initiative, bringing together statutory and independent care providers, the community/voluntary sector and unpaid carers.
There are ten categories:
- Newcomer to Care Award - This Award seeks to acknowledge and celebrate a new member of staff who ideally commenced and remained in employment in the care sector within the previous 12 months, who has shown empathy and responsiveness and fully understands good practice.
- The Care Home Worker Award - This recognises the significant role of the Care Home Worker in consistently providing high quality care for people living in residential care.
- The Unpaid Carer Award - This recognises someone who gives their time, energy and skill to ensure that people have a better experience of care and support, and feel that they matter.
- The Community/Home Care Worker - This Award recognises the significant role of the Community/Home Care Worker in consistently providing high‐quality care, for people living in their own homes.
- The Care Team Award - This Award will be presented to the team who are able to best demonstrate a shared vision and agreed goals. The team should have a leader whose role is known and accepted, and who takes personal responsibility for their tasks. Able to demonstrate a commitment to dignity and privacy for clients plus respect for team members.
- The Care Employer Award - An Award for the whole company or organisation and seeks to acknowledge and celebrate an employers’ commitment to care and how this is achieving success in delivering an excellent service.
- The Long-Term Service Award - This aims to recognise the long‐term service of an employee who has made an outstanding contribution to a Care organisation (min. service period 10 years), who through their working life have passionately made a significant difference to the organisation.
- The Leadership Award - Someone who leads a care team or service, who has shown a strong personal commitment to the dignity and respect with which their service users and staff are treated.
- The Inspiration Award - An organisation or business (not a health or care agency) that inspires others with its high standards of care and compassion, such as a hairdressers, shop or library, that goes out of its way to assist individuals who need extra support in their daily life.
- Josie’s Award - Josie Smith was a remarkable force for good in the lives of people around her, and especially in the lives of people who needed care and support; an unstoppable influence for the better! We want to celebrate an individual of any kind who in some way is making an exceptional difference to dignity in care.
3 ways to nominate:
Nominations can be made by filling out our nomination leaflet (please get in touch to request), by downloading a Nomination Form from the OACP website and emailing it to us, or filling out an Online Nomination Form.
For more information, visit the OACP website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call 01235 520 463. Postal entries can be sent to Oxfordshire Care Awards 2020 c/o Age UK Oxfordshire, 9 Napier Court, Barton Lane, Abingdon, OX14 3YT.
Nominations close on Friday 14th February 2020. Winners will be announced at the ceremony, taking place on the Friday 27th March 2020 at the Kassam Events and Conference Centre, OX4 4XP.